OroPlatform Forums

Covering OroPlatform topics, including community updates and company announcements.

Forums Forums OroPlatform OroPlatform – Programming Questions Automating Workflow to send emails

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Yevhen Shyshkin 8 years, 3 months ago.

Starting from March 1, 2020 the forum has been switched to the read-only mode. Please head to StackOverflow for support.

• Creator
    Topic

hmadhur
    Participant

I am having a hard time understanding how to automate workflow to send email notifications. As of now everything in workflow is manual where the user has to click on the action buttons created in the workflow.

How can I create Case Escalation rules?
    How can I send email notification to a group of users when the status of the record changes from “In-Progress” to “Resolved”?

Can this be done in the UI? Or do I have to write custom code? If I have to write custom code please point me in the right direction. If there are any examples then it will be really helpful. Coming from a microsoft background I having little difficulty in understanding the code on where to write and how to write.

Please help.

Thanks.
    Madhur

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Yevhen Shyshkin
    Participant

Hello.

> everything in workflow is manual where the user has to click on the action buttons created in the workflow
    Correct, this is user workflow with manual transitions, and user should select appropriate one on UI.

> How can I send email notification to a group of users when the status of the record changes from “In-Progress” to “Resolved”?
    Probably, you should use processes instead – they are triggered automatically by entity events (like creation of some entity or changing of some field). Here are examples of real processes.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

The forum ‘OroPlatform – Programming Questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.