OroCRM Forums

Covering OroCRM topics, including community updates and company announcements.

Forums Forums OroCRM OroCRM – How do I? Questions B2BCustomer entity purpose

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Artem Liubeznyi 8 years, 11 months ago.

Starting from March 1, 2020 the forum has been switched to the read-only mode. Please head to StackOverflow for support.

• Creator
    Topic

maurok
    Participant

Hi All,

I’m starting with OROCRM and still trying to figure out some basic stuff, so forgive my ignorance in this question.

What’s the purpose on B2BCustomer entity? Why don’t use the Account entity directly.

Some of my assumptions are that for the B2B channel there’s other attributes needed that are B2B specific and shouldn’t be present in Account. But in this case, why the relation between B2BCustomer and Account is Many-to-One? In this scenario I would be able to create multiple customers (in B2B channel) for the same account, still trying to figure out this model desition.

Thanks in advance!!

Mauro

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Artem Liubeznyi
    Spectator

Hi maurok,

We envision Accounts as kind of “umbrella” entity that unifies multiple customer identities in order to provide a complete view on them. That’s exactly the case you’ve described: create multiple B2B customers (or any other customers) under a single account. Think of a case when you are dealing with multiple divisions of a large corporation, or maybe multiple installations of a big franchise.

I agree that it may be confusing at times, and we are planning to simplify things for the case where you don’t really need this two-story structure in our future releases.

Thank you.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

The forum ‘OroCRM – How do I? Questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.