OroPlatform Forums

Covering OroPlatform topics, including community updates and company announcements.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Jaimy 10 years, 3 months ago.

Starting from March 1, 2020 the forum has been switched to the read-only mode. Please head to StackOverflow for support.

• Creator
    Topic

Jaimy
    Participant

Hi fellow oro’ers,

I’ve been working on a small project and noticed something weird when generating the bundle from commandline.

In the ORO platform v1.0.0-alpha5 the bundles are correctly registered, but there have been a whole bunch of improvements since. I’m not sure whether this is a Symfony bug or a ORO bug (maybe it’s not even a bug?). Below I will give a step by step on what I’ve done to generate the bundle:

1. In terminal:app/console generate:bundle

To generate a new bundle in symfony.

2. For this example I’ve used the bundle namespace “Acme/Bundle/BlogBundle” to see whether this is a generic error or just my incompetence ;):)

3. I’ve used the suggested bundle name “AcmeBlogBundle”

4. The target directory is the default directory for Bundles, in my case this is “/Users/jaimy/Development/oro-beta4/src”

5. The format for the generated configuration is “yml”

6. I want to generate the whole directory structure so the paramater is “yes”

7. Confirm the generation => “yes”

Next it will generate the bundle and I’ve confirmed that I want to register the bundle in the AppKernel and I want to update the routing automaticly.
    Bundle generation

Generating the bundle code: OK
    Checking that the bundle is autoloaded: OK
    Confirm automatic update of your Kernel [yes]?
    Enabling the bundle inside the Kernel: OK
    Confirm automatic update of the Routing [yes]?
    Importing the bundle routing resource: OK

9. So everything went “OK” according to the generation script, except that when I look in the /app/AppKernel.php I notice that my bundle (Acme/Bundle/BlogBundle) is not added properly to the other bundles.class AppKernel extends OroKernel
    {
    public function registerBundles()
    {,
    new Acme\Bundle\BlogBundle\AcmeBlogBundle(),
    $bundles = array();

if (in_array($this->getEnvironment(), array('dev', 'test'))) {
    $bundles[] = new Symfony\Bundle\WebProfilerBundle\WebProfilerBundle();
    $bundles[] = new Sensio\Bundle\DistributionBundle\SensioDistributionBundle();
    $bundles[] = new Sensio\Bundle\GeneratorBundle\SensioGeneratorBundle();
    }

if (in_array($this->getEnvironment(), array('test', 'perf'))) {
    $bundles[] = new Oro\Bundle\TestFrameworkBundle\OroTestFrameworkBundle();
    }

return array_merge(parent::registerBundles(), $bundles);
    }

public function registerContainerConfiguration(LoaderInterface $loader)
    {
    $loader->load(__DIR__.'/config/config_'.$this->getEnvironment().'.yml');
    }
    }

So I’m not sure what happened but this is not correct :P. Since I’m getting the error: Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ',' in /Users/jaimy/Development/oro-beta4/app/AppKernel.php on line 11

which is expected. Anyone else experiencing this issue/bug?

##updated with some images for visual support
    Complete walk through bundle generation
    Complete walk through bundle generation

AppKernel.php bundle registry
    AppKernel.php bundle registry

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Alexandr Smaga
    Participant

Hello,

It’s a bug in

The code there is just looking for variable $bundles that contains array, than parses tokens until ); will found, after that it get the line number decrease by 1 and put following code

So it will work only in case when $bundles will contain at least one bundle..

Alexandr Smaga
    Participant

Hi,

I’ve fixed the issue, and sent pull request to SensioLabs.
    So issue will be solved after it’ll be accepted.

Jaimy
    Participant

Hi asmaga,

Thanks. In the meantime I’ve figured out about the oro-way of loading bundles via bundles.yml in every bundle. This helps as well :).

Kind Regards,

Jaimy Casteleijn

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘OroPlatform – Installation/Technical Issues or Problems’ is closed to new topics and replies.