OroCRM Forums

Covering OroCRM topics, including community updates and company announcements.

Forums Forums OroCRM OroCRM – How do I? Questions Can a entity be logged as a calendar event?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Andrey Yatsenko 5 years, 12 months ago.

Starting from March 1, 2020 the forum has been switched to the read-only mode. Please head to StackOverflow for support.

• Creator
    Topic

Michael Paul
    Participant

I have created a Service Training form (entity) that captures a Training Date along with other information fields key to the training. I’d like for the Name (label) of the record to be added to the owners calendar as an event on the date entered in the Training Date.

then a users can click on the event and open up the entity to view the information.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Andrey Yatsenko

Hi Michael,

You should create a calendar provider for your entity, check the docs how to do it
    https://github.com/oroinc/OroCalendarBundle/blob/2.6.1/Resources/doc/provider.md

Also you can check classes that extends CalendarProviderInterface to see an example of implementation.
    One of them is https://github.com/oroinc/OroCRMTaskBundle/blob/2.6.0/Provider/TaskCalendarProvider.php

Michael Paul
    Participant

Thank you Anyt
    I’m not a developer so let me just clarify what you stated.

If I have an entity that is basically a form for a training session it includes multiple fields of data that we need to gather along with a Subject Title and Date. Will this calendar provider allow this entity to take the Date and Subject title and create a Calendar Event on the owners calendar? So that when they click on the event in their calendar it will open up the Entity?

Michael

Andrey Yatsenko

You can check how Tasks calendar working, it’s made with calendar provider. Looks similar to what you described

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘OroCRM – How do I? Questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.