OroCRM Forums

Covering OroCRM topics, including community updates and company announcements.

Forums Forums OroCRM OroCRM – License Can one use parts of OroCRM in other application?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  jakabadambalazs 9 years ago.

Starting from March 1, 2020 the forum has been switched to the read-only mode. Please head to StackOverflow for support.

• Creator
    Topic

jakabadambalazs
    Participant

We are working on an internal sort-of-crm application based on OroPlatform with quite a different approach with respect to OroCRM and addressing different needs which was the exact reason why we have decided not to use OroCRM and to build an ad-hoc personalized application.

As it stands now, it is still very beta and surely much more basic than OroCRM but it works well(thanks to OroPlatform) and has good potentials. It is OSL licensed.

Today I got to the point where I needed to implement something very similar to the MarketingListBundle included in OroCRM where I’d say it correspondes to 70% of what I want to achieve.

Q) Is it possible to copy this bundle in our application and:
    – modify it (including changing namespace)
    – delete parts of it
    – add new functionality to it
    ?
    If it is, then under what conditions?

thanks
    a\

oro/platform(1.6.2) + oro/doctrine-extensions(1.0.7) + symfony/symfony(v2.3.27)

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Dima Soroka
    Keymaster

you can do this following OroCRM license which is OSL-3.0

jakabadambalazs
    Participant

Hi @Soroka,

Thanks for the answer – would you be so kind to be a bit more specific?

Apart from matching the OSL license in the application that will use source code from another OSL licensed application (and give credit somewhere in the application for the used code) – is there anything else I need to do to be compliant with the OSL-3.0 license?

oro/platform(1.6.2) + oro/doctrine-extensions(1.0.7) + symfony/symfony(v2.3.27)

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘OroCRM – License’ is closed to new topics and replies.