OroCRM Forums

Covering OroCRM topics, including community updates and company announcements.

Forums Forums OroCRM OroCRM – Installation/Technical Issues or Problems Can't Install Community edition 2.5.0

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Viacheslav Bemza 6 years, 3 months ago.

Starting from March 1, 2020 the forum has been switched to the read-only mode. Please head to StackOverflow for support.

• Creator
    Topic

simon7
    Participant

Hello

I’m trying to install the community edition for the first time

I’m using a VM vagrant setup created with PuPHPet. the Vagrant config is here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ipZiiaMb3XbnLFnLbqK4IhtNmko4hVlT/view?usp=sharing

I’m going step by step following the steps listed here https://oroinc.com/doc/orocrm/current/install-upgrade/installation-quick-start-dev/crm

After installing dependencies with Composer. I’ve tried both

1. Running the CLI command “php app/console oro:install –env=prod”
    After running that command on the CLI i get a system requiement check (everything it’s OK).
    Then the next process is ‘Setting up database’.. it starts running migrations and after a time it just ends and goes back to the CLI. I have tried using –timeout=900 and no luck

2. Using web installer
    the first page ( [HOSTNAME]/install ) Will show the system requirements (all are green, including the optional ones).
    Then i click on ‘next’ after the action becomes available.
    Then after a while i get ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS and the connection drops

I haven’t been able to install the CRM from neither way and I haven’t been able to figure out why exactly yet

Thanks for your time

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Viacheslav Bemza
    Participant

Hello, simon7!

it just ends and goes back to the CLI

Without any errors or exit codes?

Unfortunately, it is very difficult to say what the problem may be. Probably in your env, because we are not faced with such errors. I can only advise to debug your application starting from install.php file.

simon7
    Participant

From the CLI i just get ‘killed’. From the web version i don’t get anything

Any suggested way of debugging the app?

Viacheslav Bemza
    Participant

Any suggested way of debugging the app?

1) Install xdebug extension for php and add it to CLI php.ini file.
    2) In your IDE start to listening php debug connection and set a breakpoint in the install.php file.
    3) Add xdebug plugin for your browser and enable it and go to http://yourhost/install (or just add ?XDEBUG_SESSION_START parameter to url)

You can read more about debugging here (Remote Debugging section)

If xdebug does not catch the request, but some other scripts are processed (for example die(‘hello’); at the start of install.php) – it means that you have not configured xdebug correctly.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘OroCRM – Installation/Technical Issues or Problems’ is closed to new topics and replies.