OroPlatform Forums

Covering OroPlatform topics, including community updates and company announcements.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Jaimy 10 years, 2 months ago.

Starting from March 1, 2020 the forum has been switched to the read-only mode. Please head to StackOverflow for support.

• Creator
    Topic

gialaver
    Participant

hi, in the development of an application, many times there is need to make a clear cache:

console cache: clear –env ​​= dev.

This involves a lot of time with oro even the system is slow, how can I make it faster?
    I use a mac mini with a 2Ghz processor

there is some guide on using OroPlatform?

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Jaimy
    Participant

Hi Gialaver,

I’ve faced the same problem as you are having now. Clearing the cache you are able to see your changes. The time spend developing versus waiting till you’ve cleared the cache is harsh. But I’ve found a reasonable compromise. You will have to “get rid” of the class caching in Symfony in some way, but the downside of it, it will take longer to handle the responds in your application since you’ve “removed” the caching layer. Below are my findings and how you could try to make it a little pleasant for you to develop on Oro/Symfony.

Oro is a platform based on Symfony 2. Symfony 2 uses class caching to full extends so it will be as fast as possible when you’re deploying your application. This means developing can be harsh and therefore there is a development environment in symfony.

Because Oro is based on symfony it will use and inherit the caching mechanisms of Symfony. If you are having trouble developing in Oro you should check the Symfony 2 documentation for some optimizing on your local machine.

If you are running in some difficulties with the platform, try searching the cookbook of Symfony 2 to read about their caching abilities. A quick search showed me two articles in the cookbook which I think are very useful in your case. The first article is about optimizing your local machine for developing on Oro (http://symfony.com/doc/current/cookbook/debugging.html). The second article is about HTTP caching and how to do this in Symfony (http://symfony.com/doc/current/book/http_cache.html).

I hope you will have more fun with developing on Oro/Symfony :) Good Luck and Have Fun!

Kind Regards,

Jaimy Casteleijn

Alexandr Smaga
    Participant

Hello!

Can you describe cases when you have to clear cache manually?
    I work with Oro every day and for me it’s rarely when I have to clear it, often symfony checks modification time and picks up changes automatically.

gialaver
    Participant

Hello!

any changes made on bundles created does not appear without the clear cache and the first load of app_dev.php is slow.
    for example, I modified the file index.html.twig in the bundle created, I tried to see the results on app_dev.php and there was no change, I did clear cache and the change has been displayed
    maybe the problem is with the development of the application on mac.
    thanks for advice Jaimy Casteleijn, I tried them but I have not solved the problem.

Alexandr Smaga
    Participant

It’s strange, seems you have to check your environment configuration. I’m developing on mac-mini OsX ML, and I have not this issue.

Try to debug it, because changes in templates should be applied in dev mode with out clearing cache.

Check the logic in Symfony\Bundle\FrameworkBundle\Templating\Loader\FilesystemLoader::isFresh

gialaver
    Participant

I solved the problem of templating using Netbeans and checkoff ‘ignore “app-cache” directory’ in the tab: File -> progect property -> Symfony2. but if I change a configuration file as: daschboard.yml or navigation.yml, the changes appear only if I make clear-cache. I work with OS X 10.9.

Jaimy
    Participant

Hi Gialaver,

From what I’ve seen and heard from Oro(CRM) “major” changes to configuration files (.yml files) often require a clear:cache command.

I’m working on a iMac OSX ML as well and for some reason I always have to clear the cache before I notice changes in the browser.

Kind Regards,

Jaimy Casteleijn

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘OroPlatform – Programming Questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.