Forums

Covering OroCommerce, OroCRM, OroPlatform topics, including community updates and company announcements.

Forums Forums Oro Community Creating Records using Rest Webservice

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Mike Kudelya 7 years, 9 months ago.

Starting from March 1, 2020 the forum has been switched to the read-only mode. Please head to StackOverflow for support.

• Creator
    Topic

imwikaash
    Participant

Hi
    How to create a Contact using REST web services in java or using rest client ?

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Artem Liubeznyi
    Spectator

Hi,

Please check the API documentation. Thank you.

Mike Kudelya
    Participant

Hi,

This tutorial described new API, which will be appear either in 1.10 release or current master branch.

If you want to create a contact record via rest api, firstly please generate user’s api key and wsse header, how to do this described here, go to [app_url]/api/doc/rest_json_api#get–api-contacts, click on “Sandbox”, click on “Try!”, copy first entity json section, remove ‘”id”: “1”,’ and paste json to testing.json. After that you need to set right wsse header to curl.

For example i have created ‘testing’ custom entity with ‘name’ field (in your case rename extendtestings to contacts)

Here is my testing.sh:

and testing.json:

Please pay attention, you must re-generate wsse header each time when you want call api. In my example i purposely deleted ‘[‘ char from json, though it exists when you press ‘Try!’ button.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘Oro Community’ is closed to new topics and replies.