OroPlatform Forums

Covering OroPlatform topics, including community updates and company announcements.

Forums Forums OroPlatform OroPlatform – Installation/Technical Issues or Problems Customize Calendar events from dashboard widget

This topic contains 9 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  dnahrebecki 6 years, 11 months ago.

Starting from March 1, 2020 the forum has been switched to the read-only mode. Please head to StackOverflow for support.

• Creator
    Topic

Madhur
    Participant

Hi,

We wanted to have recurring events feature in Calendar Events. So I have added some custom fields in Calendar Event using Migrations to build the recurring events feature.

These fields are appearing in the Main Calendar Event form. That is,

1. when I go to Accounts -> View mode of an Account record -> More Actions -> Add Event
    2. When I go to Activities -> Calendar Events -> Create Calendar Event

In both the above locations the custom fields are showing up. But when I click on New Event on the Dashboard Calendar Widget, the custom fields are not visible. When I click on the Dashboard Calendar Widget 8:00 AM to create a new event, there also the custom fields are not visible.

Also when I click on some calendar event in the Dashboard Calendar Event the view screen that comes up, there also I want to show the custom fields.

How can I make the custom fields appear in these screens? I was not able to determine which forms and which twig templates are being used for these screens.

Can somebody please help me?

Thanks and Regards,
    Madhur

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Dima Soroka
    Keymaster

Hi Madhur

We have recurrent events feature in our backlog for this year, unfortunately it is not as easy as adding adding two custom fields to the event.

Madhur
    Participant

Hi Dima,

I understand. But as of now it is sufficient for our requirements.

So can you just let me know which templates or form types do I have to touch to make these custom fields appear in the dialog box from the Dashboard calendar widget?

When the feature is made live from Oro we will see how to migrate the existing data to new format.

Thanks and Regards,
    Madhur

Hryhorii Hrebiniuk
    Participant

Hi @Madhur,

It happens because there are two different flows of templates rendering:

• template processed on a backend (“Create Calendar event – Calendar events – Activities” page and “Add event” dialog from record view page) widget/update.html.twig.
    • template processed on a frontend (“Add event” from calendar and dashboard) templates.html.twig.

Same works for view templates. Frontend template is templates.html.twig.

It’s done this way, in order to reuse same template for different calendar events models.

You can take OroCRMHangoutsCallBundle as example. It also extends calendar event entity by adding custom field use_hangout. And this field is rendered on all of these forms.

It works starting from OroPlatform version 1.9.

andyh
    Participant

Hi, @Dima mentioned recurring events is in the backlog for this year – can you provide any information on how this might be implemented and whether it’s still on track for release this year? It’s something we’re also very interested in!

Artem Liubeznyi
    Spectator

Hi Andy,

They most definitely are. We will develop them gradually: our nearest 1.12 EE release will feature only the basic recurring event support—you’ll be able to view them, but all manipulations should be done in Outlook. Later this year we are planning to add full support for recurring event management.

andyh
    Participant

Thanks for the update Artem …
    So eventually, do you see this coming to the Platform edition without any requirement for Outlook integration?

Artem Liubeznyi
    Spectator

Yes, recurring event management on OroCRM side will be part of CE edition. It will take us more time to implement, so expect it around the end of this year, or maybe a bit later.

prganvani
    Participant

Hi,
    Can i put week as default in calender on dashboard instead of Day view ?

dnahrebecki
Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The forum ‘OroPlatform – Installation/Technical Issues or Problems’ is closed to new topics and replies.