OroCRM Forums

Covering OroCRM topics, including community updates and company announcements.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  zhex900 6 years, 5 months ago.

Starting from March 1, 2020 the forum has been switched to the read-only mode. Please head to StackOverflow for support.

• Creator
    Topic

zhex900
    Participant

Hi,

I trying to find out how to setup a development environment for OROCRM. How do I edit the bundle source code and test it?

The OROCRM application have the source in the composer package. So when I install the OROCRM application I cannot see any bundle source code.

Please lead me in the right direction.

Jake He

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Mike Kudelya
    Participant

Hi

‘source’ directory must contain only your custom code, on the other hand, ‘vendor/oro’ contain core oro files which won’t be modified.

PHPUnit testing

Please download phpunit (in my case version 4.8) and run this command for testing UserBundle.

Functional testing

In this testing we need real database (for example crm_application_test), copy app/config/parameters.yml to app/config/parameters_test.yml and change database name in database_name section. After that run these two commands to install test application:

Final step: run phpunit with appropriate ‘Tests/Functional’ directory.

Selenium testing

In app/phpunit.xml i modify this constants to valid browser and valid application url:

– Download selenium server – http://www.seleniumhq.org/download
    – Download geckodriver – https://github.com/mozilla/geckodriver/releases
    – run server – “java -Dwebdriver.gecko.driver=”path to geckodriver” -jar selenium-server-standalone-3.0.1.jar”
    – run tests – “phpunit.phar -c app src/Oro/src/Oro/Bundle/ReportBundle/Tests/Selenium/ReportsTest.php”

Yevhen Shyshkin
    Participant

Here is one more useful article about that – Set Up a Development Environment.

zhex900
    Participant

Thank you!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘OroCRM – Installation/Technical Issues or Problems’ is closed to new topics and replies.