Forums

Covering OroCommerce, OroCRM, OroPlatform topics, including community updates and company announcements.

Forums Forums Oro Community Oro Community Site Suggestions and Feedback docs: How to extend existing bundle

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  jakabadambalazs 9 years, 5 months ago.

Starting from March 1, 2020 the forum has been switched to the read-only mode. Please head to StackOverflow for support.

• Creator
    Topic

jakabadambalazs
    Participant

This tutorial will not work – if you follow the tutorial on how to extend user bundle after clearing the cace you’ll get routing exception! The answer is here but you should include it in the docs otherwise most people who are attempting a first approach to check on extendibility of the BAP/OroCrm bundles will be thrown off.

a\

oro/platform(1.6.2) + oro/doctrine-extensions(1.0.7) + symfony/symfony(v2.3.27)

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Yevhen Shyshkin
    Participant

Hello, jakabadambalazs.

Look’s like that for some reason you have routing.yml file in your bundle – it’s not correct, because it was not create neither in “New bundle” no in “Extend bundle” article.

In “New article” there is small notice – “Important thing is that you shouldn’t update Kernel and routing” – maybe you generated routing file automatically?

jakabadambalazs
    Participant

Hi,

You are correct I do have a routing.yml in my bundle because without it and without the content I have linked in the above post I get routing exception.

I have created my bundle following your docs and without any routing.yml. I activate it by adding the bundles.yml and in the profiler I see it is loaded. As soon as I add the getParent method in my bundle class:

and I clean the cache all the routing defined by OroUserBundle disappears. I get twid exception not being able to create path for inexistent route “oro_user_security_logout” and if I check with app/console router:debug, in fact they are not there. If I disable my bundle or I comment out the getParent method it works.

Alternatively, I re-enable my bundle and extend OroUserBundle again – only by adding routing.yml and re-defining(copying) the routes defined in OroUserBundle I can make it work.

Please try
    Thanks
    adam

oro/platform(1.6.2) + oro/doctrine-extensions(1.0.7) + symfony/symfony(v2.3.27)

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘Oro Community Site Suggestions and Feedback’ is closed to new topics and replies.