OroCRM Forums

Covering OroCRM topics, including community updates and company announcements.

Forums Forums OroCRM OroCRM – Feature Requests Emails: Delete, Archive & Label

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Andrew Gerasimov 7 years, 6 months ago.

Starting from March 1, 2020 the forum has been switched to the read-only mode. Please head to StackOverflow for support.

• Creator
    Topic

Razva
    Participant

Hey,

At this point ORO is a decent way of (just) reading emails. It spares you the disadvantages of having to share a Gmail/Outlook client or webiterface, along with its credentials.

But in order to transform it into a minimally functional email client it should contain at least:
    – the ability to delete an email. It could be moved into the Trash SMTP folder. Deleted emails should have any context/tasks removed;
    – the ability to archive an email. Right now, when using the ORO email client, you end up with 1000 email threads in less than a month. Yes, it’s great that you can add contexts/tasks, but having a 100 pages list is a really bad way to manage information. ORO already syncs with SMTP folders, so moving a message from Inbox to another SMTP folder should be easy to accomplish;
    – the ability to Label an email (Gmail). Yes, I fully agree that not everybody uses Google products, but you have to agree that it’s a neat feature. Basically Gmail Labels are simple SMTP folders. So again, thinking at the fact that ORO already syncs these folders, it can be a very compelling feature.

Thanks,
    Razvan

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Artem Liubeznyi
    Spectator

Hi Razvan, great to hear from you again!

IIRC, you have already mentioned these improvements in one of our earlier conversations, and I completely share your POV that they will improve our email management capabilities. We have all these items in our backlog and will work on them as soon as we’ll start the next iteration of email improvements.

However, as you’ve said yourself, the email capabilities in OroCRM are already decent. And we have other not-so-decent functional areas, or features that we don’t have at all but would like to have in the product. So we have to prioritize them over emails for now because we believe these new features will bring more value to our customers and users.

Nevertheless, there will be a point when we will improve emails once again. So please continue to share your ideas for improvements—they’ve helped us a lot already!

Thank you

Razva
    Participant

Hey Artem,

I’m ready to sponsor the implementation for this feature, if you have any available personnel.

Thanks,
    Razvan

Hi Razva,

Thank you for your interest in this feature. My name is Andrew Gerasimov and I’m leading our Services Team here at Oro. I’d love to connect with you to discuss the details of the implementation offline. Would you be able to email me at andrew@oroinc.com so that we can schedule the call, please?

Thank you,
    Andrew Gerasimov
    Director of Project Management at Oro, Inc.

Razva
    Participant

Hey Andrew, just sent you an email with my Skype ID. Thank you

Thank you, Razva. Let’s take it offline and continue the conversation in email and Skype.

We look forward to help you with this feature implementation!

Thank you,
    Andrew Gerasimov
    Director of Project Management at Oro, Inc.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘OroCRM – Feature Requests’ is closed to new topics and replies.