OroCRM Forums

Covering OroCRM topics, including community updates and company announcements.

Forums Forums OroCRM OroCRM – Programming Questions External data bundle similar to MagentoBundle

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Mike Kudelya 7 years, 2 months ago.

Starting from March 1, 2020 the forum has been switched to the read-only mode. Please head to StackOverflow for support.

• Creator
    Topic

vincent1
    Participant

We have to integrate with a crappy old system that holds all our contacts. We’re given a unique ID and we use that ID to fetch information from an external API. So, our database has only two ids: the autoincrement internal ID and the external ID from this old system. Is it possible to create virtual entity fields that map to this API? I was thinking about creating a cache layer and magic methods on the entity (__get) so i can request data when needed, store on the cache. However, i’m not sure if the datagrids would be able to work with magic methods. Is this possible?

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Mike Kudelya
    Participant

Hi

For now datagrid is working with concrete entity fields. If freshness of data is not necessary i suggest you:

1. Create new entity on orocrm side or use existing Contact entity.
    2. Create bridge between old system and orocrm.
    3. During the day synchronise through api calls.

In other hand you can create your own datasource and get data from cache or other place. Here is ORM datasource which we are using in many datagrids.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

The forum ‘OroCRM – Programming Questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.