Coming from vTiger I am pretty confused with the way I need to use entities to get my custom fields into the system. Please advise how to do this best.
We use the CRM for setting up trainings in weekends. People pay through Magento so the details are there.
We have 24 weekends with each 2 groups. So weekend 1 has LU and SU groep as wel call it.
In vTiger I made custom groups and fields with checkboxes for every weekend in the contact itself. Below it a Notes field and a ‘paid’ field were we manual add the received payment (could be annually or per weekend)
1. I understand I need to make a separate entity with new fields but how do I connect this to an account/contact?
2. Is it wise to use a general ‘weekend’ field with for example a drop down ‘LU / SU / None” and re-use that in the contact or is it better to make a field for every weekend 1-24?
3. We need to do a ‘mailmerge’ and send every customer an email with his/her overview of the weekends. I assume I can make an email template with the variables from the contact but this comes back to question 2 what the best option is in the end.
4. In vtiger I can make a simple filter like ‘show customers who paid this and are in weekend 3 LU’ and re-use and even duplicate this. I see only manual filters and no way to make custom, re-usable filters. Any hints about this?
5. Would like to set the ‘paid field’ automatic later on but I assume that is a workflow option? Or should I add/connect some magento fields in the new entity? We use a multistore setup so clients are in several stores but not with the same SKU/products.
Looking forward to your comments and advice.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.