OroCRM Forums

Covering OroCRM topics, including community updates and company announcements.

Forums Forums OroCRM OroCRM – How do I? Questions How do I manage offline customer imported from POS

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Artem Liubeznyi 6 years, 10 months ago.

Starting from March 1, 2020 the forum has been switched to the read-only mode. Please head to StackOverflow for support.

• Creator
    Topic

morris_minchu
    Participant

I like to use OROCRM to manage offline customer data currently in POS system. What is the best way to do it?
    I assume
    1. Create channel for offline channel
    2. Bind an entity with this newly created channel, this entity will represent offline customer
    3. Find a way to define RFM rule, which I can not figure out.

Can anyone help? Thanks a lot.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Artem Liubeznyi
    Spectator

Hi,

Yes, this will be the best way—although we are going to remove channels from Oro soon. Features will be used to enable customers instead. (You may check how Business customers are handled now to get a grasp on how this will be implemented.)

I would also add the following important points:

• Implement customer definition for this entity, so it can be used as target for Opportunities and Leads. Please see our Business or Magento customers as an example
    • Implement LTSV calculation if you have any sales data imported

Re #3: RFM calculation is not an universal feature, and it has to be independently created for every channel type. Please use our Magento channels as an example.

morris_minchu
    Participant

I am new to your system and might have missed something – when creating entity for offline customer, I could not find anywhere I can specify and implement customer definition. I noticed both magento customer and B2B customer have type as system, while mine only got custom.

Also, I can;t find a way to implement LTSV or define RFM for my channel.

Appear to me there should be some technical document cover this, is that the case?

Artem Liubeznyi
    Spectator

System vs Custom type distinguish the way entities were created in the application: System come out of the box while Custom are added via customizations or from the UI.

As for technical documentation, I would recommend Oro Cookbook as a general reference, and bundle documentation for specific features:

• SalesBundle to learn how customer entities must be created and how customer definition works.
    • ChannelBundle for details on LTSV implementation.
    • AnalyticsBundle for details and examples on RFM metrics.

Hope this helps!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘OroCRM – How do I? Questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.