OroCRM Forums

Covering OroCRM topics, including community updates and company announcements.

Forums Forums OroCRM how to integrate orocrm and magento2

This topic contains 22 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  Michael 5 years, 11 months ago.

Starting from March 1, 2020 the forum has been switched to the read-only mode. Please head to StackOverflow for support.

• Creator
    Topic

woei66
    Participant

Hi,

There is a orocrm extension for magentov1 but none for magento v1.
    Will you release a new oro-crm extension which support magentov2?

I had installed the oro-crm v1.8 from github.
    Is there any document help me to connect oro-crm and magentov2?

Thank you.
    David

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Artem Liubeznyi
    Spectator

Hi David,

We definitely will, but there is no definite timeline for such connection yet. Please follow our updates.

jankan
    Participant

Artem,
    Magento 2 is stable now and we are planing new project with that platform. We would like to use OroCrm but we have to know when are you going to develop a bridge for Magento 2 version? Could you be more specific?
    Thanks

Dima Soroka
    Keymaster

We are planning to have this integration available around September, but dates may change.

jankan
    Participant

Thanks for the info.

thecrazyrussian
    Participant

Hi Dima,
    how is the progress on the mageno 2 bridge?

Artem Liubeznyi
    Spectator

Still in the plans for the autumn release, but it will happen later than September.

smartin
    Participant

The best approach to integrate accounts (SSO, SLO, provisioning) between orocrm and any other app is by providing to orocrm SAML support.
    Since this is a PHP based app you have 2 open source alternatives:
    simpleSAMLphp
    php-saml

Adding orocrm SAML SP capabilities will let you be integrated with any SAML identity provider such us Onelogin, Okta, Salesforce, Ping, … SAML is standard and many companies adopting it so adding this feature to orocrm should be key for you guys in order to get some advantage over your CRM competitors.
    You may review this open source SAML plugin for Symfony2 and use it as base of your implementation.

Optionaly, you can add to orocrm also Identity provider capabilities to let orocrm to be the authentication source for others apps.

The advantage of using SAML instead another tricky SSO mechanism is that this is standard and let you SSO between apps that are hosted in different domains. Also there are a lot of apps that already support SAML so adding those apps to your SSO federations is gonna be quite simple.

In this specific case, there is a SAML2 extension for Magento2 that allow you to Single Sign On, Single Log Out, Provision users on the fly (Just-In-Time provisioning), user data, role and address attribute mappings.

Once authenticated, you can use the Magento2 API.

If at orocrm there are no people with SAML knowledge you can contact me anytime and you will be able to outsource this task if interested.

woei66
    Participant

hi, is the magento2 bridge ready for testing?

Artem Liubeznyi
    Spectator

Hi,

It’s not even developed yet :) we still plan to include it into the next release though.

jim
    Participant

So, it looks like a Sept release is out. Do you have an updated timeline for this? Any beta program I can get in on?

degaray
    Participant

Are there any real plans for this bridge?

Artem Liubeznyi
    Spectator

Yes. We had to postpone it, and the current expectations are for 2.1 release in Q2 2017.

I sincerely hope we won’t have to postpone it any longer.

avreon
    Participant

Hello,

Any update on the connector? I am working on a project that will need such extension badly and soon. I’d like to know if it will be developed and launch soon or should I build it myself?

Regards

astralweb
    Participant

Any update on plans?

Brian Essig
    Participant

I’d like an update as well!

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

The forum ‘OroCRM’ is closed to new topics and replies.