OroCRM Forums

Covering OroCRM topics, including community updates and company announcements.

Forums Forums OroCRM OroCRM – How do I? Questions impossible send email on change user password

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  fred33 6 years, 11 months ago.

Starting from March 1, 2020 the forum has been switched to the read-only mode. Please head to StackOverflow for support.

• Creator
    Topic

fred33
    Participant

hi
    i’m on orocrm 2.04 and i have some problem on change user password. When i want to change a user password i have the message ‘impossible send email’
    Any idea ????

Thanks

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Replies

msulima

Hi. Is the application configured correctly? Please, check parameters.yml in your application. Next parameters should be configured correctly.

If all of they are correct. Please, attach log file with rows that added when you got error. It will help to understand you problem.

fred33
    Participant

parameters are correct. What log file do u want ?

msulima

I told about app/logs/prod.log or app/logs/dev.log (depends on what environment you use).

fred33
    Participant

Sorry, this a part of dev.log who insterested u i think

msulima

I see error in log

It means that your smtp configuration not correct for your mail server.
    I hope that article can help http://stackoverflow.com/questions/31378357/laravel-5-sending-email

fred33
    Participant

email configuration of user:
    SMTP HOST : smtp.gmail.com
    SMTP_PORT: 465
    SMTP_ENCRYPTION: SSL

Same problem when i want to change user password when im login on admin profile

msulima

I think your problem described in article http://stackoverflow.com/questions/38816031/send-mail-from-localhost-via-symfony2-command-using-swiftmailer
    So, it seems you have 2-step authorization on gmail and you should generate password for you account to send emails via gmail smtp server.

update: you should allow less secure apps in gmail settings https://github.com/PHPMailer/PHPMailer/wiki/Troubleshooting#gmail-oauth2-and-allow-less-secure-apps
    but you can’t do that if 2-step authorization is on

msulima

This is my settings and it works with ‘allow less secure apps’ settings

fred33
    Participant

Hi,
    I’m the administrator of gmail account, 2-step authorization is disabled for all users, allow less secure apps is enabled for all user account cause without this option the recovery of email in OroCRM doesn’t work. Change password option works well in my OroCrm prod but it is in 1.10.12 version.

msulima

I checked twice and it works for me with my configuration and gmail account with ‘allow less secure apps’. Please, check telnet from your host to ssl and tls ports of smtp.gmail.com. I can’t connect via telnet to ssl port and it is why I use tls.

fred33
    Participant

Right the 587 port was closed…. all works now. Thanks a lot for your help

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The forum ‘OroCRM – How do I? Questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.