OroPlatform Forums

Covering OroPlatform topics, including community updates and company announcements.

Forums Forums OroPlatform OroPlatform – How do I? Questions Installing separate Bundles into Platform from CRM or Commerce

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  kir.lazur 6 years, 4 months ago.

Starting from March 1, 2020 the forum has been switched to the read-only mode. Please head to StackOverflow for support.

• Creator
    Topic

kir.lazur
    Participant

Hi there. First is thanks for a great work, OroPlatform application looks like the most suitable solution for develop my clients business requirements.
    I’m trying to investigate Platform application and their flexibility and few questions was appears, hope you can point me to the right way.
    If I want to take the Platform as a minimal starting point and install other packages from CRM or Commerce (or even all CRM package), for instance “Accounts” for make “Customers” tab available or “Sales” or any other component. Most of packages not available from composer (don’t know why), but ok, they can be copied with their dependencies of course. So, I tried to do that without success
    (keeping in mind Install over existed application page and doing oro:platform:update –force)
    Is this correct and possible way for customizing application and building from components? Thx u

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies

ibratsilo

Hi, thank you very much for your feedback!

OroPlatform is minimal basic set for development. Commerce and CRM solves specific business tasks and this set of tools is aimed for the maximum variation of customization.

If you need functionality from both commerce and crm the best variant for you will be to use commerce-crm application directly. Because resolving bundles dependencies may be very complicated task. And if you use commerce-crm you will have all working out of the box and you can even update it in future. And of course you can disable functionality which you don’t need.

kir.lazur
    Participant

Hi, thanks for your answer. Which way is correct to disable features? Put comment in bundles.yml in bundle what I want to switch-off?
    I had tried to Update OroPlatform to Oro App and installation process&updating was OK, but get error on start up

juan
    Participant

Hi!! for now looks like it’s not possible to disable only one bundle or two because they are coupled. Try to disable one and you will need to deal with many dependencies problems.
    The best solution is the override approach, for example override navigation.yml to hide access from the menu. or override twig templates according to your needs. Here some doc’s

https://symfony.com/doc/3.3/bundles/override.html
    https://oroinc.com/orocrm/documentation/2.3/cookbook/how-to-extend-existing-bundle
    https://oroinc.com/orocrm/forums/topic/how-to-override-parts-of-oro

kir.lazur
    Participant

Thanks for answer Juan. Yes, I already tried to install bundles separately and get a lot of dependencies problems as ibratsilo mention. It’s very sad to think what all bundles are tightly coupled and platform can’t be extended with components one by one when needed (and it’s best choice as for me to learn and investigate platform flexibility for make the decision) or just use only few basic.
    For instance it’s turned out not possible to use Account and Contact bundles without others third and even fourth dependency level(installing which really can’t solve the issues of oro:platform:update and versions are different comparing with OroCRM distribution).
    Example: Contact bundle requires ActivityContactBundle and ChannelBundle and after they need OroMagentoBundle just because AccountBundle try to call OroMagentoBundle repository without error catching or make sure what they even exist.

Composer files doesn’t contains all nested level of dependencies, don’t know why :(

This approach is obviously not acceptable for this system.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘OroPlatform – How do I? Questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.