OroCRM Forums

Covering OroCRM topics, including community updates and company announcements.

Forums Forums OroCRM OroCRM – How do I? Questions Integration with Telephony (call center)

This topic contains 14 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Artem Liubeznyi 7 years, 6 months ago.

Starting from March 1, 2020 the forum has been switched to the read-only mode. Please head to StackOverflow for support.

• Creator
    Topic

Nikita Petrov
    Participant

Is there any way to integrate OroCRM with Telephony (call center) service?

We want to automate integration with Asterisk via flashing banner in CRM when user will call to call center.

Is there any way to do what we want? Or is there any way to develop this integration?

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Alexandr Smaga
    Participant

Hello.

I’m not aware of how Asterisk works, but I think you can develop some kind of widget that will listen for websocket channel updates, and on backend side develop some kind of “daemon” that will interact with Asterisk server for example via API and push updates to frontend.

Dima Soroka
    Keymaster

Hi Nikita

We have phone systems integration on our roadmap but do not have specific release dates for this feature. If you have an urgent need for this we can help you with integration details and will be more than happy to accept your contribution.

Please let us know if you need any help.

Nikita Petrov
    Participant

Yes, I need help with integration! What idea to do this you can suggest?

Thank you!

Nikita Petrov
    Participant

We think that for simple integration for first time we need only one thing. This thing is suggest how to include on each page of CRM our own HTML template with variables (entity object with username, email, etc) of currently logged in user.

By our idea in HTML template we plain to generate JS WebSocket agent to our telephony service. When incoming call to user will be done WebSocket agent will throw small window with link to calling user.

So please say how we can include on each page of CRM HTML template with variables (entity object with username, email, etc) of currently logged in user?

Dima Soroka
    Keymaster

hi Nikita

You can use placeholders for this and add your block to before_body_end for example.

Nikita Petrov
    Participant

Dima, placeholders include works. Can you please suggest me how can I get current user object in my template? I think my question may be stupid, I newbie for Symfony bowels for now.

Alexandr Smaga
    Participant

Hey!

app.user global variable is available in twig.

job
    Participant

Did you also made automatic call logging? We are looking into using ORO for our receptionist to log all calls. When all inboud calls get logged without owner, they can then ‘claim’ the call and log the details.

When the call get answered by a know user we might be able to automaticly assign the user to the call.

Dima Soroka
    Keymaster

This feature not implemented yet.

Alps86
    Participant

Hi,
    are there new informations, when this feature is planned?

Thank you

Artem Liubeznyi
    Spectator

Hi,

We have released API for phone integration as part of our 1.7 release in April. The API allows to log calls from third-party software, and link them to users and contacts.

erop
    Participant

Arterm,

Could you provide a link to that phone integration API description? Thank you!

j0ney3
    Participant

I’m also looking for some documentation on how to log a call via the API

Artem Liubeznyi
    Spectator

Hi guys,

Please take a look at our CallBundle API documentation: https://github.com/orocrm/OroCRMCallBundle/blob/master/Resources/doc/reference/api.md

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The forum ‘OroCRM – How do I? Questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.