OroCRM Forums

Covering OroCRM topics, including community updates and company announcements.

Forums Forums OroCRM intl ICU version error

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Andrey Yatsenko 5 years, 9 months ago.

Starting from March 1, 2020 the forum has been switched to the read-only mode. Please head to StackOverflow for support.

• Creator
    Topic

kusum.gupta
    Participant

I have just upgraded my system to Ubuntu 18.04 and added LAMP with PHP 7.1. I now face the intl error. I am also unable to install via php app/console oro:install. I face the following warning and it doesn’t let me install Oro

| WARNING | Install and enable the intl extension (used for validators).

error

I also tried to remove the addRequirement function for intl requirement but that also doesn’t seem to work.

Any ideas on how I can install this.

Thanks!

Kusum

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Andrey Yatsenko

Hi Kusum,

it’s generally not a good idea to patch application in order to skip this check as internationalization feature cannot work correctly with different ICU version.

You should consider installing exact ICU version that required by Symfony.

kusum.gupta
    Participant

Hi Andrey,

It’s not really in my control to manage the exact version of ICU. I installed PHP 7.1 which force installed the latest ICU extension.

Is there a way to change my ICU version? I’m on Ubuntu 18.04

Thanks!

Andrey Yatsenko

I checked with our team, there is no big difference in ICU 60.1 and 60.2, so the application will work correctly, this is only recommendation to use 60.1 as we well tested this version, but you can skip it and continue an installation on 60.2.

But notice that in different ICU versions there can be different formatting, label translations, locales list etc. So if you are using internationalization features it will be good to have the same version of ICU lib on all environments your team are using (production, staging, QA and developer personal workstations), otherwise, you can have some unexpected behaviour.

I’m not an Ubuntu user, but there is always the way to install different versions of libraries from sources or other repositories, so this should be not a big deal to install ICU 60.1.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘OroCRM’ is closed to new topics and replies.