OroPlatform Forums

Covering OroPlatform topics, including community updates and company announcements.

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Rob 7 years, 9 months ago.

Starting from March 1, 2020 the forum has been switched to the read-only mode. Please head to StackOverflow for support.

• Creator
    Topic

turnage_ja
    Participant

We currently attempted and experiment in ORO and it failed. Apparently the issue we are experiencing with the Dashboard not pulling data from the “Client Budget” field. When reviewing data in “Forecast” the widget on the Default Dashboard appears to not be functioning properly by not updating the data changes that have been executed.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Artem Liubeznyi
    Spectator

Have you modified the widget to accept the data from the custom field?

turnage_ja
    Participant

Found out more specifically we are using the Native Amount Budget field and my understanding that is not a custom field…correct?

turnage_ja
    Participant

Correction…using “budgetAmount”

turnage_ja
    Participant

Do we still need to modify widget to accept data from the “budgetamount” field?

Artem Liubeznyi
    Spectator

Okay, so if I’m understanding you correctly, you are using uncustomized opportunities and make changes in Budget Amount field, but don’t see these changes reflected in the Forecast widget. Is this the case?

Artem Liubeznyi
    Spectator

(Julie, I’m continuing the discussion here so the community can also benefit from it. Thanks for your understanding.)

Can you please provide us more detailed steps to reproduce the issue and information on your system version and environment (browser type and version) to help us investigate the issue. Thank you!

Rob
    Participant

Artem – Yes, we are talking about the Forecast widget. To reproduce, on our end, we make a change to the Budget amount on an Opportunity and then return the Dashboard to check the widget, only to find that the widget values have not changed. The widget values do change sometimes but when and why seems unpredictable right now.

The issues is neither browser nor OS specific – it is the same for all users regardless of environment.

Our initial question is: does the data in that widget come from some kind of aggregate source that is update periodically on some kind of job? It certainly doesn’t appear to be real-time…

Hope this helps.

Artem Liubeznyi
    Spectator

Rob,

It should be calculated on the fly from opportunities when you load or reload the dashboard.

Do you have any filters applied to the widget? Like filter by owner/business unit? It might be the cause.

We will investigate this issue on our end too. Thank you very much for the report.

Mike Kudelya
    Participant

Hi Rob,

Are you sure, that owner of opportunity has business unit specified in forecast widget configuration ? To add business unit to user you must go to user edit page and look at Access Settings section. To understanding how forecast widget works i give an example of sql:

Rob
    Participant

Thanks for the additional clarification. I’ve checked all the filter settings on the widget and those don’t appear to be the source of the issue. However, based on some further testing with the knowledge that the widget is real-time, it seems as though the issue we were having was isolated to just 1 or 2 opportunities.

I’ve been able to change some others and see the values in the widget update as expected. I don’t know what the problem was with those other opportunities but at this point it’s not relevant. Thanks for the further clarifications and if we run into this issue again, I’ll see if I can come up with more useful information.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The forum ‘OroPlatform – Installation/Technical Issues or Problems’ is closed to new topics and replies.