OroPlatform Forums

Covering OroPlatform topics, including community updates and company announcements.

Forums Forums OroPlatform OroPlatform – Installation/Technical Issues or Problems Menu for custom bundle doesn't show up

This topic contains 12 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  stebcom 8 years, 4 months ago.

Starting from March 1, 2020 the forum has been switched to the read-only mode. Please head to StackOverflow for support.

• Creator
    Topic

Remo Laubacher
    Participant

I’ve been following two different tutorials but when I open the page at localhost, I only see a the toolbar on top but no menu entries, just a blank content.
    These are my steps:

• git clone https://github.com/orocrm/platform-application.git oro-demo
    • cd oro-demo
    • create a mysql database with a name of your choice
    • php composer.phar install –prefer-dist –no-dev
    • enter the mysql credentials to connect to the database and the name of the database you’ve created
    • php app/console oro:install –env prod
    • php app/console generate:bundle –namespace=Ortic/DemoBundle
    • specify yml as your configuration format and confirm everything else
    • create a new file at src/Ortic/DemoBundle/Resources/config called navigation.yml and put the following content in it
    • in the same directory, open routing.yml and replace it with this content:
    • modify the controller to match this:
    • php app/console oro:navigation:init
    • php app/console cache:clear –env=prod

Can anyone tell me what I did wrong? Thanks!

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Alexandr Smaga
    Participant

Hello @remo_laubacher !

I’ve tried to follow yours step by step guide and it works fine for me !
    Did you reload page via “F5” or change page via JS navigation ?
    Did you check in prod env or dev ? You cleared caches for prod, so it’s possible to be outdated for dev.

Remo Laubacher
    Participant

Reloaded, changed browser, restarted webserver, cleared caches for dev, prod and whatever else I could find. I just get a toolbar and a white background, only “My User”, “My Emails” etc. are there but even those don’t work. When I click on them the background changes to a slightly gray colour but that’s it. No luck..

Alexandr Smaga
    Participant

Hm… Could you please check log files ? It more looks like PHP error during menu generation.

Remo Laubacher
    Participant

PHP, Apache and app/logs files are all empty. Any suggestions where I should start debugging?

Jaimy
    Participant

Hi Remo,

Do you have xDebug enabled? If so, try upping the xdebug.max_nesting_level to 1000 or so. I’ve encountered this problem after I updated to Yosemite with Apache 2.4.9. Hope this helps!

Kind Regards,

Jaimy Casteleijn

Remo Laubacher
    Participant

Thanks Jaimy, that works like a charm! Would have expected to see a log entry for such this problem, but it definitely helps!

Jaimy
    Participant

Hi Remo,

It took me 2 days to finally find the solution ;) For some reason it doesn’t show immediately, but only displays at a certain level (couldn’t reproduce it unfortunately :<).
    Still glad it helped!

Kind Regards,

Jaimy Casteleijn

Remo Laubacher
    Participant

yeah, not exactly my first thought to increase the nesting level ;-) Might be worth adding a check during the installation process..?

Jaimy
    Participant

Didn’t expect it either, but I might be worth it to add it in the installation process or notes. I’ll leave that to the Oro team. I think it’s a rather good suggestion, let’s hope they like it as well :)

Kind Regards,

Jaimy Casteleijn

stebcom
    Participant

I’ve got the same problem: I created a new bundle without updating kernel and routes, following all the Cookbook instructions, but I cannot see anything I defined into navigation.yml file of my bundle.
    Did you find a solution for this issue?

Yurii Muratov
    Participant

Hi, @stebcom.
    Please copy and paste here your navigation.yml file.

stebcom
    Participant

Now it’s working! I didn’t make any changes actually, maybe the cache was not completely refreshed when I tried the other day. I don’t know why, because I always checked after executing

Thanks anyway!

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The forum ‘OroPlatform – Installation/Technical Issues or Problems’ is closed to new topics and replies.