OroPlatform Forums

Covering OroPlatform topics, including community updates and company announcements.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  berbass 7 years, 4 months ago.

Starting from March 1, 2020 the forum has been switched to the read-only mode. Please head to StackOverflow for support.

• Creator
    Topic

dave08
    Participant

Hi, thanks for the wonderful platform!

But recently I came across a little point that disturbed me very much:

In doctrine’s migrations, I was able to simply run doctrine:migrations:diff and then alter the results to make a new migration. With oro’s migrations, I have to look through the platform’s migrations to see how to do things manually, even dump only helps for the first migration of a new bundle. Also, I have to remember all my entity changes, including indices, where all this information is already in the entity definition, and I might forget something. Am I missing something? Or this is what you do too? How is your workflow to assure that there are no mistakes?

With the current situation I am very tempted to just use doctrine:schema:update after having dumped it’s output, even for production… which I have never done before when developing with Symfony!

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Vova Soroka
    Participant

Hello,

We do the same steps you’ve described. Unfortunately we don’t have a tool like doctrine:migrations:diff for now.

dave08
    Participant

Technically, if you could somehow catch the output of doctrine:migrations:diff command to be the basis for generation of a migration, it might be relatively easy to reproduce it’s results. Even if it would need alteration afterwards, it would avoid alot of copy-paste and forgetting of some important modifications…

Do you think such a thing could be done in the near future? I’m sure it would save all of us a lot of time!!!

Thanks.

Dima Soroka
    Keymaster

We added this request to our backlog and will be able to work on it at the beginning of next year. In a meantime you can use oro:migration:dump or create a PR with diff implementation.

Thanks

Stepan Yudin
    Participant

That would be great.
    Manual migration caclulations takes too much time

Docker environment for Symfony2/OroCRM/OroBAP development on Windows platform
    https://github.com/stepansib/sf-oro-docker

berbass
    Participant

Hi everybody…
    Anything new about this one? I’m running in the same issue :\

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘OroPlatform – How do I? Questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.