OroCRM Forums

Covering OroCRM topics, including community updates and company announcements.

Forums Forums OroCRM OroCRM – Programming Questions Not able to add menu items under Activities Tab

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  hmadhur 6 years, 5 months ago.

Starting from March 1, 2020 the forum has been switched to the read-only mode. Please head to StackOverflow for support.

• Creator
    Topic

hmadhur
    Participant

Hi,

I have created my own bundles for some inventory related stuff. The bundles themselves are working fine. I am having problem with Navigation.

If I create its own menu tab the menu items show up properly, but if I want to add them to the activities menu they don’t show up. What can be the issue. Details below:

Application: OroCRM ver 2.3, Community Edition
    Environment: CentOS 7.3, Apache 2.4.6, PHP 7.1.8, MySQL ver 5.7

Please find my code below:

If I uncomment part_hierarchy_activities, they show up in their own menu just fine. But I want them to show up under activities. The merge_strategy does not make any difference if I comment it or uncomment it.

Please let me know where am I going wrong?

Thanks.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Replies

jderdziak
    Participant

Hello,

I’ve tried your configuration and it seems to working:

Activities menu

Please, make sure you’ve cleared the cache, that the routes (partreference_partfamily_index, partreference_partindex_index) exist and there are no errors in app/log/prod.log.

Also check on dev environment if you are able to see those menu elements.

Regards
    Jakub

hmadhur
    Participant

Hey Jakub,

Thanks for the response.

I have deleted the cache files several times and executed the command “app/console cache:clear” after deleting the cache folders “dev”, “prod” and “sessions”. But it does not show up.

The routes exist as they work in a separate menu tab. And I am working in the dev environment only.

But still the menu items refuse to show up. I am trying all kinds of things. Is there any other command in “app/console” to refresh the navigation items? Maybe that will help?

Thanks.

Madhur

jderdziak
    Participant

Honestly I haven’t used any command: just copied your yml and see it immediately on dev env. Have you checked logs?

Regards
    Jakub

hmadhur
    Participant

Yes, I have checked the logs. Nothing in there related to navigation or routes.

Does it make a difference that it is coming from the src folder? Basically this is a custom bundle. So I was thinking that it would not allow to add in the standard menu’s.

But it was working in ver 1.8 and 1.9. Ver 2.3 is giving issues.

Regards,
    Madhur

Hi, hmadhur. Please check that your bundle is loaded after ActivityBundle, where activities_tab group is added to menu. Maybe you are referencing group that does not exists yet.

hmadhur
    Participant

Hi Dmitry,

How do I do that? Do I need to give some priority setting / configuration in the bundles.yml?

Please let me know.

Thanks,
    Madhur

hmadhur
    Participant

Hi Dmitry,
    Thanks, what you said was correct.

I gave a priority setting of 1001 for my bundle and it started working.

Regards,
    Madhur

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘OroCRM – Programming Questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.