OroPlatform Forums

Covering OroPlatform topics, including community updates and company announcements.

Forums Forums OroPlatform OroPlatform – Feature Requests OroUserBundle:User as @MappedSuperclass

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  ishakuta 10 years, 6 months ago.

Starting from March 1, 2020 the forum has been switched to the read-only mode. Please head to StackOverflow for support.

• Creator
    Topic

smuriu
    Participant

Hello,

I have found it very difficult to extend the default User class in OroUserBundle. I am aware I could easily create a new user class and alter the parameters in config.yml to point to my new class. However, it seems to me that I would also have to rewrite alot of the other classes in the User bundle to make that work.

I would like to introduce my own entity as an association in the user class with the user being the owning side. Is there an easier way to do this?

In my opinion, defining OroUserBundle:User as @MappedSuperclass would help a lot for those intending to have their own implementations and not lose alot of the existing functionality. Possibly true for many of the other entities defined in the OroPlatform.

Keep up the good work.

Regards,

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Replies

smuriu
    Participant

lrotherfield
    Participant

kotfalya
    Participant

hello

Right now we are working with functionality which will add ability to extend entities and solve this problem.
    As a developer you will be able to add additional fields to existing entities through the config in your bundle.

for example

Dima Soroka
    Keymaster

Entity extendability model that is currently in progress will cover following cases:

• Entity fields management
    • Entity relations management
    • Custom entities creation
    • Entity forms management

This functionality will allow to adjust entity structure to business needs and easily add related entities to original ones.

Please let us know if this option works for you or your expectations are a bit different.

smuriu
    Participant

Hi,

That would be excellent! Any indication on when this could be available?

Dima Soroka
    Keymaster

Fields management and custom entities creation will be available later this week, relationship management will be implemented till end of September and form management is planed till the end of the year.

Mathieu RIVIERE
    Participant

Hello,

This functionality will be available directly in application (include in administration menu?) or we need to create fields with development?

I’m so excited to see this new version !!!

Regards,

Mathieu RIVIERE
    SYNOLIA – Division CRM

ishakuta
    Participant

Mathieu, for some tasks there will be UI.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The forum ‘OroPlatform – Feature Requests’ is closed to new topics and replies.