OroCRM Forums

Covering OroCRM topics, including community updates and company announcements.

Forums Forums OroCRM OroCRM – Installation/Technical Issues or Problems Package manager is unavailable after installation

This topic contains 10 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Michael 6 years ago.

Starting from March 1, 2020 the forum has been switched to the read-only mode. Please head to StackOverflow for support.

• Creator
    Topic

dusterio
    Participant

Hello,

Installing Oro was a breeze and everything seems to be working fine except System: Package Manager – this link will just give a 404 not found error.

The link points to install.php which exists but returns a 302 redirect to install.php/login and that results in ‘404 not found’ error.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Replies

dusterio
    Participant

Forgot to mention, Oro version: 1.x-dev (master branch), PHP version: 7
    I’m trying to figure this out myself, but if somebody shares a hint meanwhile – would be very much appreciated :)

dusterio
    Participant

Some more digging:

Exception is being thrown in AccessListener:

Which for some reason thinks the user is anonymous (all other pages work fine). Could be related to the fact that install.php is using a different kernel/bootstrap than app.php?

Anyway, it still looks like a bug in the Oro CRM, and also pinpoints a couple of issues:

1) If Oro CRM is production ready, why isn’t it at least showing (or saving to log files) proper errors? Why not show some kind of ‘permission denied’ error?
    2) Why redirect to a non-existing page on purpose?

Michael
    Keymaster

Thank you for trying OroCRM.

Please check the latest tagged release and let us know if the problem persists.

The master branch in the repository is updated daily and may contain some inconsistencies. We do not recommend to use the dev master branch in production.

dusterio
    Participant

Please correct me if I’m wrong but the latest branch, 1.9, doesn’t support PHP7?

wwsh
    Participant

You’re not wrong. PHP7 compatibility has been added to the master branch, but still needs testing and some more work. We will announce the release as soon as it’s ready. Watch the UPGRADE and README files on 1.9.

emateu
    Participant

I’m having the same issue, how did you solve this? Thanks

jonlachlan
    Participant

I have a fresh install and I can’t access the Package Manager. The link in the system menu appears broken, it takes you to http://crm.example.com/install.php/ which gets redirected to http://crm.example.com/install.php/login.

jonlachlan
    Participant

Can someone just tell me what is the url for my installation’s package manager?

santibm
    Participant

Hi! I have a fresh install and the link doesn’t even appear!

Michael
    Keymaster

Package manager is no longer included.
    Please use composer require and composer update in the console to add new packages or update the installed ones.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The forum ‘OroCRM – Installation/Technical Issues or Problems’ is closed to new topics and replies.