OroCRM Forums

Covering OroCRM topics, including community updates and company announcements.

Forums Forums OroCRM OroCRM – How do I? Questions Set workflow or set of marketing lists?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Artem Liubeznyi 7 years, 4 months ago.

Starting from March 1, 2020 the forum has been switched to the read-only mode. Please head to StackOverflow for support.

• Creator
    Topic

keberdle
    Participant

Hi, we are starting with ORO.

Our case: We need to ask all business contacts for their store addresses, if they have one (or more).

We will take the following steps:

1. Send an email about this with link to wholesale website forms for addresses and a link to click for “I do not have a store”.

2. After 5 days, we will send a letter by post to the contacts that have responded to the email.

3. After another 10 days, we will start calling the contacts that have not set a store address or have not indicated to us that they do not have a store.

When business contacts set a new address, I will set it by API. By setting the label (tag) “store” for new addresses, or by setting a new address type (e.g., billing, shipping).

We need to see in reports how many customers have set “have/do not have” a store in time.

What is the best way to do this in ORO? By means of workflow or with a set of marketing lists?

Is it possible to set and filter using tags in API? I have not found in api/doc/rest_json_api?
    Where can I set new address types (e.g., billing, shipping)? I have not found it in Entities..
    Can one entity be in two or multiple ongoing workflows?

Thank you in advance,

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Artem Liubeznyi
    Spectator

Hi,

Sorry for the late answer. IMO, workflows are the best tool for this job.

Multiple workflows for entity is something we’ve been working on for the upcoming release. This functionality is in already our dev master branch but hasn’t been released yet.

Artem Liubeznyi
    Spectator

Filtering by tags is not yet available via our API.

keberdle
    Participant

Thank You for your reply.
    What about adding new type of address for b2bcustomer:
    address types
    How I can do this?
    I found table oro_address_type this add new type for contact but not for b2bcustomer.

Artem Liubeznyi
    Spectator

Address types are in the roadmap too. The implementation is delayed because we need to generalize addresses first—otherwise creating address types for Business Customer addresses won’t do anything for Contact or Lead addresses, and it makes little sense from the product standpoint.

It isn’t the highest of our priorities though, so we will appreciate the enhancement if you are willing to contribute.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘OroCRM – How do I? Questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.