OroCRM Forums

Covering OroCRM topics, including community updates and company announcements.

Forums Forums OroCRM OroCRM – How do I? Questions Too many contacts in dropdown menu while creating opportunity

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  buffer.e.box 6 years, 3 months ago.

Starting from March 1, 2020 the forum has been switched to the read-only mode. Please head to StackOverflow for support.

• Creator
    Topic

Hello,

It’s the first time I’ve created a topic here)
    OroCRM is a great tool, and its csv import feature is really helpful!

But after importing a huge list of accounts and corresponding contacts there is an issue while crating an opportunity.
    An opportunity form has an obligatory field “Account”. When I select an account, a contact dropdown menu still contains ALL contacts that exist in the system, not only of the selected account.

So, the question is whether this is an expected behavior or it’s a sort of an issue?

If it’s a normal system behavior is there a way to show only selected account contacts in this dropdown menu?

It’s really frustrating when you need to search through hundreds of contacts while creating a new opportunity.

Thank you!

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies

vseniuk
    Participant

Hello,
    Yes it is expected behavior.Opportunity can be saved with fields Account and Contact that does not related with each other.

Unfortunately for now there is no other way to show only selected account contacts, except “fast search” (name, email, phone) and “show grid” button

Thank you @vseniuk for the reply!
    This functionality would be a great improvement of opportunity form.
    Hope it will be considered and implemented in the nearest future! :)

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘OroCRM – How do I? Questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.