OroPlatform Forums

Covering OroPlatform topics, including community updates and company announcements.

Forums Forums OroPlatform OroPlatform – How do I? Questions Translatable fields?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  vitaliyberdylo 6 years, 1 month ago.

Starting from March 1, 2020 the forum has been switched to the read-only mode. Please head to StackOverflow for support.

• Creator
    Topic

andesk
    Participant

Hi there again :)

I have another question on a feature.

I would love to be able to set custom fields added to an entity (via gui or not is not thaaat important for me right now) with translations for different languages. Is there a way to do that via configuration of a field and everything else is handled for me (like multiple input fields in the form etc)?

As this feature is already available in akeneo (with language selection in breadcrumb) it most probably is included also in OroPlatform but maybe just not documented?

I can see translations for email templates already but it seems a lot of affort with form type, entity and so on.

Thanks in advance for the answer :)

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Dima Soroka
    Keymaster

Unfortunately we don’t have a support of multilingual field types for custom fields, this is on our roadmap but will not be implemented in 1.0 release

andesk
    Participant

Thank you for the quick answer.

So there is no way to introduce the solution of akeneo into OroPlatform here? I thought at it is supposed to be based on the bap there might be a chance of getting such cool things into bap core…

So I will have to dive into it myself. Maybe I even get an implementation that could be integrated into bap later on.

Dima Soroka
    Keymaster

Akeneo implementation is very specialized on catalog and flexible entity, please fill free to contribute your implementation. We’ll keep you posted on release notes

nevoeiro
    Participant

Is this still not possible, have a support of multilingual field types for custom fields? We need that too.

vitaliyberdylo
    Participant

Hello, nevoeiro.
    Unfortunately, we do not yet support multilingual field types for custom fields.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘OroPlatform – How do I? Questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.