OroCRM Forums

Covering OroCRM topics, including community updates and company announcements.

This topic contains 24 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  t.qadi 6 years, 1 month ago.

Starting from March 1, 2020 the forum has been switched to the read-only mode. Please head to StackOverflow for support.

• Creator
    Topic

donny
    Participant

Hi,

I have problem to send email in contacts, here is the images

not working
    not working

I have input the password for the setting of the email, and I test gmail as well.

anything I can trouble shoot for it?
    please help.

thanks

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Alexandr Smaga
    Participant

Hello. Settings for outgoing emails should be set in parameters.yml
    Something like this:

Don’t forget to clear cache.

donny
    Participant

Hi Alexandr,

thanks for sharing me this info.
    I have modify the parameters.yml.

my question: how to clear the cache?

I can not find the cache in the backend,
    can I remove all the files under cache folder?

thanks

Dima Soroka
    Keymaster

Few options:

app/console cache:clear --env=prod
      Delete app/cache/prod folder manually

donny
    Participant

I use the 2nd option, removed the files under prod, and try again, but still failed.

any other suggestion?

and the email setting was in parameters.yml or in the back end: system> user management > user > edit > Email synchronization settings ?

thanks

donny
    Participant

and where can I find the error log to see whats the problem for not sending the email?

Alexandr Smaga
    Participant

Application logs could be found in app/logs/ folder. Just tried on the latest version, it works fine for me.

Email settings on user page is needed for sync of your inbox into CRM. Also contacts will bed detected in your inbox and emails will be associated to them.

donny
    Participant

Hi Alexandr and dima

thanks for your support, it is working now after I update both user and parameters.yml.

walshfilho
    Participant

Hi,

I am getting this error when trying to clear cache after setting up parameters.yml.

Uncaught exception ‘InvalidArgumentException’ with message ‘The “SSL” encryption is not supported’ in crm-application/vendor/symfony/symfony/src/Symfony/Component/Config/Definition/Builder/ExprBuilder.php:179

Thanks

jakabadambalazs
    Participant

;) – did you maybe write `mailer_encryption: SSL` instead of `mailer_encryption: ssl`??? (note case!)

oro/platform(1.6.2) + oro/doctrine-extensions(1.0.7) + symfony/symfony(v2.3.27)

Israa Salameh
    Participant

Hi..
    Does the username that I have used to login to the backend is the same as maileruser ???
    because I use a random email to login to the backend, but I have to use my gmail account for mail settings ??

msulima

Hello.

For any emails like system notifications will be sent from mail-user that configured in System / Configuration / General Setup / Email Configuration -> Notification Rules.

But if you use Send Email button on view page of some entity, field From should be predefined as actual user email.

t.qadi
    Participant

hey i have problem with sending emails notification>> i checked the paramerters.yml folder it has the same fron end settings for mail..
    mail successfully configured but the notification is not working
    any tips????

t.qadi
    Participant

i created mailbox for Support@rada.com and successfully configured
    then created template the rule to send the notofication to owner and assigned to…but its not working any help here.

where i can configure the email that the system will use to send emails???

msulima

Hello,

please check that message consumer is executed all time. https://oroinc.com/doc/orocrm/current/install-upgrade/post-install-steps

Also there are no extra configurations for mailing. Just configure next options for your mail server:

For more information read https://oroinc.com/doc/orocommerce/current/configuration-guide/email/email-configuration#standard-personal-mailbox-configuration-imap-smtp

t.qadi
    Participant

hi muslima thank you for tiy answer,
    actually i didn’t get the message consumer thing..i am not software guy :)..could you just please guide me how to check it..

appreciated thank you.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

The forum ‘OroCRM – Installation/Technical Issues or Problems’ is closed to new topics and replies.