OroCRM Forums

Covering OroCRM topics, including community updates and company announcements.

Forums Forums OroCRM OroCRM – How do I? Questions Using OroCRM in a bank

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Artem Liubeznyi 8 years ago.

Starting from March 1, 2020 the forum has been switched to the read-only mode. Please head to StackOverflow for support.

• Creator
    Topic

hello_world
    Participant

We’ve been researching how would OroCRM fit as a bank CRM system. In a very basic case, we want to collect leads that contain product information (like type of card, currency, etc.) and some metadata (UTM meters, location data). As far as I know, OroCRM have shop/products/order features implementation only for Magento. In view of this could you please suggest the best way to implement these features. Maybe we should fork MagentoBundle and modify it?

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Artem Liubeznyi
    Spectator

Hi,

Magento bundle is written to work well with Magento stores specifically and could serve as an example of eCommerce solution. Not sure how it corresponds to the needs of a bank.

What will be the source of your leads and sales data? How would you like to see the sales flow? Please share more details with us so we can give you better advice.

Thank you.

hello_world
    Participant

We have many lead sources coming from the internet, which we will load into CRM via REST API. Every lead may contain data about what card/account the customer interested in. Our mail goal is to open an account and sell some other related bank products. To achieve that a CRM operator must know how many bank products customer already have, how many accounts he had opened, some data about his transactions, history of his interactions to our marketing campaigns.

Artem Liubeznyi
    Spectator

I don’t think Magento bundle will fit your needs then; looks like you will get better results if you develop your own “banking” channel type with appropriate entities. If you want to use Leads, then Sales channel (or B2B as it is called now) will be a better example.

In CRM terms, a banking customer will be represented with Account entity, and their bank accounts/cards will be specific Customer types. I know it is kinda upside-down, but this is how you can represent the 1 Customer – many Bank accounts relation without much hassle.

Then you will need a way to convert Lead into Bank Account (and, if necessary, a new Banking Customer) record when you close a sale. We will implement a very similar Lead → Opportunity+Contact/Account transition in our upcoming release, so if time allows, I would advice you to wait for it and use the latest example.

Other banking products that the customer has can be represented by Opportunities, or you can build different entities of your own for every product—depending on what you want to get in the result.

If you follow this way, your Banking Customer view (a renamed Account view) will display you all their banking accounts and all other banking products grouped by account they “belong” to (or have been sold alongside).

Hope this helps.

hello_world
    Participant

Very detailed, thank you. We already ditched the idea of forking Magento bundle and started development of our Financial bundle with banking products, transactions log and some other featues. Not sure how would an Opportunity fit as a Product, like you said. We need to have fixed amount of products which we will link to Leads and Accounts.

Artem Liubeznyi
    Spectator

In this case you will need to define custom entities for every product.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘OroCRM – How do I? Questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.