OroCRM Forums

Covering OroCRM topics, including community updates and company announcements.

Forums Forums OroCRM OroCRM – Feature Requests Using REST API for building custom UI

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  gp arm 5 years, 11 months ago.

Starting from March 1, 2020 the forum has been switched to the read-only mode. Please head to StackOverflow for support.

• Creator
    Topic

gp arm
    Participant

Hi,

I was wondering if an existing REST API could be used in order to build custom UI (using Angular for example).

In order to do that two things would have to work:

1.) login functionality would have to be exposed via REST API as well – for example a JWT token could be generated after providing username/password. => as far as I could see there is only an option to use WSSE authentication, which means that API Key has to be first generated per user and only after that you can generate authentication headers to be used when calling REST API – and that is not optimal for such a use case, since API Key can be only obtained via classic login.

2.) Custom fields added to entities should be also available via REST API, same goes for new entities which may be created. => I am guessing this is not a problem?!

Can you shed some light on this and explain how this could be achieved?

Thank you.

• This topic was modified 5 years, 11 months ago by  Andrey Yatsenko.
    • This topic was modified 5 years, 11 months ago by  gp arm.

The forum ‘OroCRM – Feature Requests’ is closed to new topics and replies.