OroPlatform Forums

Covering OroPlatform topics, including community updates and company announcements.

Forums Forums OroPlatform OroPlatform – Programming Questions which one to choose ? Annotation, migration, yml

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Guillaume Deneux 5 years, 11 months ago.

Starting from March 1, 2020 the forum has been switched to the read-only mode. Please head to StackOverflow for support.

• Creator
    Topic

Guillaume Deneux
    Participant

Hello,

I have to create tables from database. But I do not know which method to use. I see that oro handles: yml, annotation and migrations. The 3 methods work. But what is the recommended method by oro?

Why are there migration scripts and annotations in oro bundles? Why not use one?

thank you

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Alexander

Hi @guillaume.deneux

Actually Yml and|or annotations enables you to provide the ORM metadata, so the Doctrine will ‘know’ how to operate with your entity. You are able to choose any way you prefer.
    For more details please refer to annotations-reference and yaml-mapping.

The migrations provides the ability for developers to manage and deploy changes in the Oro application database schema programmatically in a consistent, structured way using Migrations and Fixtures classes, see OroMigration.

Guillaume Deneux
    Participant

OK thank you for your answer !

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘OroPlatform – Programming Questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.