Welcome to OroCRM’s video tutorial series. Today we’ll be demonstrating how to setup Display Settings on OroCRM.
OroCRM allows users to customize several display related options to personalize their user interface and experience.
Display settings are set by default at the system level but can be customized by each individual user on the system.
Configuring these settings at the system level requires access to system configuration permissions.Keep in mind that some settings are only available for setup through the administrator, depending on permissions set for the logged in user. Users with the Configure Users permission have access to change settings under My Configuration. Additionally, the logged in user must have the update user profile settings permission to change their display settings.
To setup display settings from the System level, navigate to System->Configuration->General Setup->Display Settings.
When using the the Enterprise Edition of OroCRM these settings could be managed at an organization level. For this demonstration, we’ll be setting up the display settings for an individual user. Please keep in mind that you must uncheck the use Organization settings for enterprise edition to customize your own user settings.
To setup display settings at the user level, navigate to your user name in the top right hand corner of the screen and select the drop down options and click on My Configuration and select Display from the list of configuration options on the left.
When display settings are set at the system level of OroCRM, any options to change individual settings are checked by default to be set at the organizational level. In order to personalize your interface you must first uncheck each Use Organization setting checkboxes in order to enable user level options.
The User Bar
The user bar allows for the option to show your most recent emails. Most recent emails are displayed with a Mail icon next to your user name in the top right hand corner. Unchecking this box removes the mail from the interface.
Navigation Bar Settings
The Navigation bar option displays which position a user would like to see the menu navigation bar. By default, this menu bar is at the top of the screen. Use this setting to change the navigation setting from the top position to the left which replaces the text with small icons for each menu item.
Data Grid Settings
Data Grid settings are used to define different options used to display records in the user interface and has several configurable options:
- The Items per page option defines the number of items listed on the screen any time you open the data grid. By default, this is set to 25 but has options for 10, 25, 50 and 100
- The Lock Headers in Grids setting defines whether grid headers will be locked on a page during scrolling. This setting is enabled by default.
- Record Pagination is enabled by default and allows users to navigate back and forth through records from a view page.
- Record Pagination Limit defines the maximum number of records available for the Record Pagination. By default, this option is set to 1000. If there are more records, the pagination is disabled for the grid to avoid performance problems.
Activity List Settings
The activity list setting defines different options to be applied to display activities in the user interface.
- The Sort By Field allows users to choose which fields they’d like to sort on. By default, all items are sorted by updated time.
- The Sort Direction Field defines the direction used to sort activities in the grid. By default, this is set to descending.
- Items Per Page defines the number of activities displayed on one page of the activity grid. By default, this number is set to 10.
WYSIWYG settings are available by default and used to define whether text formatting tools should be available for emails, notes and comments.
Sidebar settings allow users to define space for a left or right side bar to keep sticky notes, pins and task lists. This is helpful when users need to revisit areas of the system often and keep them just a click away.
If the reports setting is enabled, users can see SQL requests sent to the system for a report. This allows users to be able to verify that the report has been developed correctly. This link is only available if the View SQL query of a report or segment capability has been enabled at the system level and your user has sufficient privileges.
Thanks for watching!
OroCRM, orocrm display settings