Download OroPlatform 1.0
Workflow UI management tool
Workflows are an integral part of the OroCRM experience and of every Business Application. Prior to this release, workflow creation and configuration could only be done by developers using the configuration files. With this release we introduce the first generation GUI tool that allows you to create new Workflows and manage some of the features of custom workflows and reduces the dependency on developers. This version includes the following features:
- Access the list of all workflows that currently exist in the system. Note that "System" or built-in workflows cannot be edited, but can be cloned.
- Activate and deactivate workflows.
- Create a completely new workflow or clone and adjust an existing one.
- Specify steps of the workflow and their relative positions in the workflow
- Add transitions to the workflow
For workflow transitions, the following customization is possible:
- Specify transition form (popup or the whole page) and entity attributes that will appear on this form.
- Customize transition button: change its label, icon and style.
- Provide a warning message to the user. With future releases we will continue enhancing this feature and adding more functionality to allow a user to fully manage Workflows
Marketing segmentation is another must-have for a proper CRM, and in this release, a segmentation tool has been introduced in OroCRM. The main purpose of the segment is to single out the required set of records from the entire data pool and make these records available for use by other tools; the secondary purpose is to provide a convenient way to view and access this data. Segments are very similar to Reports in appearance, but their nature is different: They do not simply show a table with data, but provide access to the records that make up the segment. Segmented data sets can be exported in CSV format, or be reused within OroCRM to build reports or other segments. Future use cases for the segments within OroCRM include segment-based workflows, processes and other mass actions.
Reminders can be added to Tasks or Calendar events to ensure that the user is notified of it some time in advance. There are two types of Reminders: flash messages and emails. Each Task or Calendar event can feature as many reminders of both types as necessary.
This is a BAP feature that provides a user interface for Package Manager – a separate application that allows to view installed packages, check for available packages, install new packages and disable installed packages. Package Manager can be reached via System → Package Manager menu items. In order to use it, the user has to have permissions to edit composer.json. Packages can include demo data of the application contained in the package and can be added while enabling a package.
Page Totals and Grand Totals for grids
Built-in Reports now feature page totals for the content of the single page and grand totals for the content of the entire grid. Functions for totals calculation can be customized in the config file for displaying for example average value for the data.
Proper formatting of Money and Percent values
Money and Percent values will appear formatted in all grids, including custom Reports.
Each of the sidebars can now be turned on or off in the system settings.
Notification of content changes in the Pinbar
The pinned page will show a small yellow dot if its content has been changed by another user while it is pinned.