OroPlatform Forums

Covering OroPlatform topics, including community updates and company announcements.

Forums Forums OroPlatform OroPlatform – How do I? Questions Additional fields for BusinessUnit, Group

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  maksold 8 years, 3 months ago.

Starting from March 1, 2020 the forum has been switched to the read-only mode. Please head to StackOverflow for support.

• Creator
    Topic

maksold
    Participant

I tied to add additional fields for BusinessUnit, Group entities via migration, but faced with problem, that BusinessUnit and Group entities are not extendable. How else I can add additional fields?

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies

ignat
    Participant

Hi maksold,

There is no way in Oro to add field to Doctrine entity which is not extendable. Might be a good thing to have these entities extendable. Especially if take into account this is not a big deal to do. I’ll create an improvement for that and follow up when this will be assigned for implementation. PRs in GitHub is always appreciated too.

Alternative quick solution would be to store additional fields in other entity in your bundle.

Thanks,
    Ignat

ignat
    Participant

These entities can be extended now. Changes available in master and in 1.9.0-RC1: https://github.com/orocrm/platform/commit/e0887f16bd0483183ec6d08b5ab096388b7b2f3c

maksold
    Participant

@ignat Thank you very much!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘OroPlatform – How do I? Questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.