OroPlatform Forums

Covering OroPlatform topics, including community updates and company announcements.

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Yevhen Shyshkin 9 years, 7 months ago.

Starting from March 1, 2020 the forum has been switched to the read-only mode. Please head to StackOverflow for support.

• Creator
    Topic

andesk
    Participant

Hey there! Thank you for the great job so far, I am really impressed of what I see so far :)

I have currently a requirement to create a workflow where different users (or user groups) have to work on one object (of a specific entity type) by adding some more data via form and after they have finished their part assign it to the next. As far as I can see the workflows are currently configured via yml only and there is no acl or permission handling or role assignment or whatever in the current implementation.

Is it planned to provide such a feature in the future? In the roadmap it says “advanced workflows” for version 1… Or do you have any suggestions how to hook into the current implementation (via events/listeners or so) to add some more dynamic logic to a workflow than “just” serializable configuration via yml?

Thanks in advance,
    Andes

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Replies

andesk
    Participant

andesk
    Participant

I got it to work, somehow… Built a custom condition as explained for actions above, configured it as a service with security context as argument and then checking inside if access is granted. But it does not feel that comformtable. So are there any plans to introduce permissions into workflow transitions?

Dima Soroka
    Keymaster

Hi andesk

Yes, we are planning to implement permissions management per transition per role with support of access scope.

andesk
    Participant

Thank you for your reply!

Does this get into version 1 or later?

Dima Soroka
    Keymaster

Most likely will be included into version 1

andesk
    Participant

That is great news! :)

andesk
    Participant

Hey there!

Because of http://oroinc.com/orocrm/qa/64/share-use-cases-for-custom-workflow-you-have-built I remembered this topic and checked the documentation of WorkflowBundle. Did not find any words about the access scope. Did I miss it or is it still work in progress?

Thanks for answer :)

Yevhen Shyshkin
    Participant

Hi, andesk.

Did you check this topic http://oroinc.com/orocrm/forums/topic/workflow-acl#post-4166? If you have some questions related to it – feel free to ask them here.

For now we don’t have ability to select transition availability based on ACL scopes because transitions have no owner, but we have this improvement in our backlog.

andesk
    Participant

Thanks for the link!

Is this “acl_resource” a “real” acl setting in database or could we implement specific voter classes to handle permissions dynamically?

Yevhen Shyshkin
    Participant

Actually, both. :)

“acl_resource” is a system level ACL that simply checks whether is allowed for current user. If you don’t like the way it works – you can override condition “acl_granted”.

As for voter you can always implement your own and handle permissions dynamically. We already have voter that restricts access to entities depends on step.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The forum ‘OroPlatform – How do I? Questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.