OroPlatform Forums

Covering OroPlatform topics, including community updates and company announcements.

Forums Forums OroPlatform OroPlatform – How do I? Questions custom fields and System Entities

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  fpf.work 9 years, 10 months ago.

Starting from March 1, 2020 the forum has been switched to the read-only mode. Please head to StackOverflow for support.

• Creator
    Topic

murtada
    Participant

in the latest reales it was mentioned that the user will be able to do the following

– user can add custom fields to all System Entities

my question is how to do it?

Regards

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Alexander

actually not to all System Entities but only to Extendable entities.

if you already have installed system goto System -> Entities.
    here you will see a list of all Configurable entities, and some of them marked as “Extendable” – column “IS EXTEND” in datagrid.

Also any entity created in UI or via entity_extend.yml(predefined entity/fields on install) will be extendable too.

So, you can “click” any extendable entity in UI, and you’ll see a list of fields of this entity and a button “Create Field” in top right.
    Click it, and follow 2-steps form to create new field.
    After that return to fields list.
    In top right you will see red button “Update schema”.

New field(s) will not be accessible on views or forms until it is applied to DB.
    So, click “Update schema”, confirm and wait, regulary it will take about 5-10 seconds for update, but it depends on your server configuration.

After “Schema update” everything should be fine.
    Any way, feel free to ask more questions if something not clear.

fpf.work
    Participant

Hi Alexander,

Do you know if it is possible to change the display order of fields?

Regards

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘OroPlatform – How do I? Questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.