OroPlatform Forums

Covering OroPlatform topics, including community updates and company announcements.

Forums Forums OroPlatform OroPlatform – How do I? Questions How to extend an oro entity

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Mike Kudelya 7 years, 3 months ago.

Starting from March 1, 2020 the forum has been switched to the read-only mode. Please head to StackOverflow for support.

• Creator
    Topic

sndpl
    Participant

Hi,

I created a entity_extend.yml in the config dir of my bundle to extend the default oro user entity with the following contents:

After running the oro:entity-extend:init, oro:entity-extend:update, oro:entity-extend:update-config, oro:entity-extend:dump commands I have 3 problems:

– The update command only added a database field for the phone_number in the oro_user table but not for the organisation. I expected a field_organisation_id or something like that.

– When I view/edit an user it shows the organisation dropdown in the additional block, but when i save the form it doesn’t store the organisation value neither does it give an error (which i expected because there is no field to store this value)

– The phone number field isn’t displayed on the view/edit form. I already added the same config options as for the organisation relation, but that didn’t have any effect.

Any tips on what i did wrong or what’s missing?

And how do you remove a field? for testing I added the my_field from the documentation, but after removing it from the extend_entity.yml i would expect it would remove the field.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies

pinak1161
    Participant

I want to add some field in oro_user table. so, how to add field without change user entity file which is in Vender folder?

Mike Kudelya
    Participant

Hi

Relevant topics, first, second.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘OroPlatform – How do I? Questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.