OroPlatform Forums

Covering OroPlatform topics, including community updates and company announcements.

Forums Forums OroPlatform OroPlatform – Installation/Technical Issues or Problems Oroplatform installation failed because of JRE

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Jaimy 10 years, 4 months ago.

Starting from March 1, 2020 the forum has been switched to the read-only mode. Please head to StackOverflow for support.

• Creator
    Topic

Jaimy
    Participant

Hi fellow oro’ers,

I recently updated the platform from beta2 to beta3 and I’ve some issues with the installation. Apparently Oro needs the JRE installed for beta3 and it’s giving me a hard time.

Since I’m developing on a iMac I know there are some issues between OSX and Java. My iMac has the JRE installed, but the oro installer doesn’t recognize it. Does anyone know how to solve this?
    The setup is:
    iMac + MAMP + ORO-platform
    I’ve tried a workaround but then I can’t login :<

Here are some images of the terminal and the oro installer.
    JRE installed
    ORO installer error

Kind Regards,

Jaimy

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Jaimy
    Participant

UPDATE: I’ve figured out what the problem was/is.
    I has it’s origin in MAMP. MAMP uses the /Applications/MAMP/Library/bin/envvars to export the DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH This will generate a nasty problem/bug when trying to get rid of the “JRE not installed” error in ORO-CRM/Platform. So here are a few steps you can take to get rid of it:

1. Go to /Applications/MAMP/Library/bin
    2. vi(m), nano or something envvars
    3. Comment out all the lines which are in that file
    4. Save your changes
    5. Restart your MAMP (pro).

Since this is not the best way to get rid of it, I’ve read something about unsetting your DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH
    Discussion about DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH
    Other Discussion about DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH

Alexandr Smaga
    Participant

Hello,

I’m using Mac OSX ML, apache(that was installed out of the box), and installed php, mysql etc via homebrew and I have not any problem with installation. It’s weird that MAMP has different envvars file, /usr/sbin/envvars only exists on my mac…

BTW can you provide output of java -version with DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH and without it? It could help us to improve JRE check condition

Thanks!

Jaimy
    Participant

Hi asmaga,

As I see from your installation you’ve installed php, mysql via homebrew. I did not, I’m starting to think that would have been a better way to start developing with ORO ;).

The output of java -version is as followed:iMac-1337:~ jaimy$ java -version
    java version "1.6.0_65"
    Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_65-b14-462-11M4609)
    Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 20.65-b04-462, mixed mode)

I’m not sure what I should see with java -version DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH but it shows no additional information at all :<. iMac-1337:~ jaimy$ java -version DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH
    java version "1.6.0_65"
    Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_65-b14-462-11M4609)
    Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 20.65-b04-462, mixed mode)

If I do an echo of $DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH this is what happens:

Nope that’s not an empty row I forgot to remove, the $DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH is empty unfortunately :<. If have figured out that I’m using Mac OSX 10.8.6 (which should be ML according to google :P)
    It turns out that MAMP PRO in this case, is a pain in the *** if it comes to developing with ORO, the installation turned out to be a hell of a ride. The best installations where from Alpha 5 and Beta1/2 :)

I hope this information is useful, not sure if I did the correct thing you’ve asked :)

Kind Regards,

Jaimy

Alexandr Smaga
    Participant

No :)

I meant remove added to /Applications/MAMP/Library/bin/envvars DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH value and show the output. I want to see the output that provoked
    “JRE not installed” message

Jaimy
    Participant

Hi Asmaga,

So if I understand correctly, you want me to remove the “uncommenting lines” and go the oro installer once more. And then I will echo the output of the error in the browser? Or should I output the DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH in the terminal? No sure if I follow your suggestion “I meant remove added to /Applications/MAMP/Library/bin/envvars DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH value and show the output.”

Kind Regards,

Jaimy Casteleijn

Alexandr Smaga
    Participant

Sorry for misunderstandings, in Oro installer we check is java installed by running command

and parse it’s output then. So my suggestion is to reproduce your error by reverting changes in envvars, and give us the output of java -version. Do you see what I mean?

Jaimy
    Participant

Hi Asmaga,

Yes, this is a clear instruction :P. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

So the output of java -version with the reverted changes is as followed:

Well that was not much helpful, but I did manage to reproduce the error, since this only happens on install with reverted changes, I had to do another install of ORO.

The Debug information I’ve gathered is below, this is the output (in browser) of var_dump($jreExists). This variable in /app/OroRequirements.php represents the process which is initialized on line 22 of /app/OroRequirements.php.
    Hopefully this information will be more useful than the output of java -version in terminal

As shown above, the error is [“stdout”:”Symfony\Component\Process\Process”:private]=>
    string(89) “Error occurred during initialization of VM Unable to load native library: libjava.jnilib”. After some google-ing I’ve found that MAMP has it’s own envvars which where loaded in /Applications/MAMP/Library/bin/envvars.

Hopefully this will help you to understand or improve the JRE check in the ORO-installer, since I sincerely do not understand why MAMP is such a pain in the ***.

Kind Regards,

Jaimy Casteleijn

Alexandr Smaga
    Participant

Hi Jaimy,

Thanks a lot for your help, but it seems that we are powerless in this case, because anyway if MAMP aren’t able to run java correctly then install will failed in “assetics” step even if check’ll passed.

So just hope that our discussion will be helpfull to someone how’ll get the same error..

Best regards.

Jaimy
    Participant

Hi Asmaga,

Thanks for your help! It looks like this is an overhead case, using this setup. I’m trying to figure out whether I should continue with this setup or change the complete setup since I’m running to problems with every release of ORO.

I hope this information that we have shared will help other people who are running into the same problems. For now I don’t think there is a general solution for this specific setup.

I wish you all the best regarding the future releases of ORO and hopefully I can enjoy the power and flexibility of ORO as well with this setup.

Kind Regards,

Jaimy Casteleijn

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The forum ‘OroPlatform – Installation/Technical Issues or Problems’ is closed to new topics and replies.