OroPlatform Forums

Covering OroPlatform topics, including community updates and company announcements.

Forums Forums OroPlatform OroPlatform – Programming Questions Show custom entity in datagrid

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  gopinath93 8 years, 3 months ago.

Starting from March 1, 2020 the forum has been switched to the read-only mode. Please head to StackOverflow for support.

• Creator
    Topic

klipach
    Participant

I created a new entity (option set) for contact via GUI. How can i show it in a Contact datagrid and add filters and sorters? Thank you in advance.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Vova Soroka
    Participant

If I understood you correctly you have an entity with OptionSet field and you want to show this field in a grid. If so, I can say you that unfortunately filters and sorters for OptionSet are not implemented for now. We are going to solve this issue in the nearest future.

klipach
    Participant

Yes, that’s right. And how i can show entity in a datagrid?

Ale Cerutti
    Participant

Klipach,

I experimented some problems with OptionSet via code. Please, read this topic, it may help you. http://oroinc.com/orocrm/forums/topic/new-field-on-existing-entity-best-practices

Thanks!

Vova Soroka
    Participant

Hi klipach,
    If you’ve created the entity via GUI the datagrid as well as view/edit/create pages should be created automatically. You can find it under System > Entities menu.
    Please let me know if you don’t see your entity there or you meant something else.

klipach
    Participant

I added field via GUI and can see this field on “edit” page, but can not see it in a “customer” datagrid (but i need it there). Also i have strange behavior. Via app.php everything works ok but via app_dev.php i get this error

specialization – is a field added via GUI

klipach
    Participant

I fixed this by running

But got this error again after clearing dev cache. So you should run this command after each cache clear.

gopinath93
    Participant

Hi,

I have added a entity in magento order item as “MetaDescription” and type as “Text”. But it is not displaying in magento orders item. But it was in database. Can you help to fix this issue?

Thanks in advance .
    Gopi

Alexander

Hi @gopinath93

Actually “Magento Order Item” do not have separate view page – it is displayed as a grid on the order view page. Also due to restriction that “text” type fields could not be shown on a grid you do not see it.

So, the simplest solution will be the changing “text” type to e.g. “string” (by default limited to 255 characters), of cause if it fits your needs and you do not write much data into your field.
    Hope it will help you to solve your issue.

gopinath93
    Participant

Hi Alex,

Thanks for ur support. I changed it to “string”, it is working fine.

Regards,
    Gopi

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The forum ‘OroPlatform – Programming Questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.