OroPlatform Forums

Covering OroPlatform topics, including community updates and company announcements.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  keganv 9 years, 8 months ago.

Starting from March 1, 2020 the forum has been switched to the read-only mode. Please head to StackOverflow for support.

• Creator
    Topic

keganv
    Participant

Hi guys, I noticed something that seemed odd today. My user had a role of Administrator and User. When I tried to view or edit another user’s entity entries, nothing would populate the page. However, when I removed the role of “User” from my user and was just “Administrator”, I could edit and view as normal.

So, it was odd to me that a “User” role would over ride privileges assigned in the ACL to the “Administrator” role if the user had both.

Not a big issue, just interesting.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Alexandr Smaga
    Participant

Hello.

Just tried to reproduce issue on demo instance, and it works as it should, could you please give us more detailed steps?
    What’s role you meant by “user” ? “Sales rep” ?

keganv
    Participant

I have a local install of the BAP only, and out of the box it came with the following roles: Administrator, Manager, and User. My account has the roles of Administrator and User.

So, when I tried to view or edit another user’s entity records (when they had a role of “User”), nothing would populate on the page. I could only see that user’s entries if I removed my role of “User” and left my account with only a role of “Administrator”. I hope that makes more sense.

keganv
    Participant

I should also add that in the ACL a role of “User” was not allowed to view or edit other users’ records. However a role of “Administrator” can, and that is what I thought was odd, that the role of “User” was overriding the role of “Administrator”.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘OroPlatform – Installation/Technical Issues or Problems’ is closed to new topics and replies.