How many business cards do you have? They get handed to you at sales meetings, conferences, and while meeting new clients. They’re a great way to share contact details, but can be time-consuming to enter into your CRM. Working with MagenticOne Mobile, OroCRM is now excited to announce the quickest and easiest way to capture business card information.
The Business Card Reader app digitizes business cards and exports all information into OroCRM. Simply use your smartphone to capture and convert business card data into useful contacts in OroCRM. This allows sales representatives (especially during large scale conferences) to immediately follow up on warm leads instead of the manual process which could take days or weeks. With timing being everything in sales, the speed at which you contact your leads could be what makes or breaks a deal.
Business Card Reader Extension: How It Works
Using the Business Card Reader app is easy. After installing it on your phone and syncing it with OroCRM, you will be able to save all the names, phone numbers, email addresses, websites, and more found on a business card and translate the information in seconds. Just follow these steps:
- Take a photo of a business card.
- Check to make sure the information captured is mapped appropriately.
- Add in any additional information if needed.
- Save and export to OroCRM.
By default, the Business Card Reader will store all information as a CRM Lead. However, you can change this option within the application.
The Business Card Reader works with your smartphone’s camera in order to automatically recognize and capture any useful information on a business card. This includes full names, full addresses, job titles, company names and departments, up to three email addresses, up to three phone numbers, website addresses, social media accounts, and meeting places. It uses intellectual Optical Character Recognition (OCR) technology to precisely convert and map all this data.
In addition, it lets you upload information, like additional notes, directly to OroCRM with just one click. Users have the option of creating a new contact on Gmail or in their phone, too. This entire process is encrypted for maximum data security.
Other features include:
- Automatically adding the appropriate country code when missing from a phone number
- Add in voice and text notes
- Support for as many as 25 different written languages
The Business Card Reader is free to use for individuals. However, companies can purchase the Business Card Reader Corporate License in order to share a single account and scan up to 8,000 cards a year. In addition, corporate users will automatically receive extended person and company information from daaata.io.
The benefits of this app are numerous. From business card to OroCRM lead, it will help you process your leads more quickly and efficiently. That means not having to wait to connect and instead, starting a conversation as soon as possible when you’re still fresh on their minds.
Consider the following:
- Easily access your business cards from anywhere. By digitizing your business cards, you will be able to see all your contacts, as well as view any additional notes or company information you appended to them, wherever you go. This can be especially useful at conferences, where your wallet or purse can quickly fill up with new cards.
- Find the right information faster. Digitizing business cards also eliminates the hassle of sifting through them, trying to find a particular contact or phone number. Just type in what you are looking for, or search for a name or company title, and you’ll have the information right in front of you.
- Consolidate your business interactions. Organizing your business card information digitally also means being able to keep better track of who you have met at a particular company. Simply type in a company name and see, at a glance, everyone you’ve ever met. This can be particularly useful for international businesses.