Contribute to Translations¶
Oro applications support localization and internationalization for multiple languages and locales. All strings that may be translated are defined in the bundle translation domain files and are exposed via the translation management service Crowdin to enable the collaborative translation efforts.
To contribute to OroCRM translation into your native language:
- Join the translation team.
- Submit your translations.
- Wait for your translation to be approved.
- Ensure that synchronization is enabled for the target language.
Contact Oro translation team if you face any issues (e.g., your translation does not appear in the Oro application after it has been approved).
Join the Translation Team¶
Sign into your Crowdin account or sign up for a new user account if you don not have one yet:
Open Crowdin in your browser.
Sign in using your github or social network account (Facebook, Google+, Twitter).
Alternatively, create a new Crowdin account: enter your email, user name, password and password confirmation, and click Create account. Follow the link in the confirmation email to activate you account.
Select the target language for OroCRM translation and click Join next to the following message: “You must join the translators team to be able to participate in this project”.
Type in the reason for joining the translation team (e.g., “As a developer, I would like to enable Korean translation for OroCRM and my customization”) and click Join.
Your request will be reviewed by the Oro support team. Upon approval, you will get an email from Crowdin with an invitation to start contributing.
Submit Your Translations¶
To open the translation project, click Get Involved in the email from Crowdin that confirms your OroCrm project team membership.
Alternatively, use the OroCRM project link to open the project.
Select the target language (e.g. Korean).
Translations are stored in yaml files organized by bundles (e.g. OroAccountBundle, OroActivityContactBundle) and by groups (e.g. messages, tooltips).
Select the yaml file with the translations you would like to contribute to.
Submit your translation. For more information on using Crowdin, please see the Crowdin tutorial.
When the translation is approved, it is marked with a green check mark and moved to the end of the list on the translation page. Approved translations are merged (published) to the Oro application translations once a day and become available in Oro application in the language settings (to open the language settings, in the main menu, navigate to System > Configuration > Language Settings).
Update Translation in Oro Application¶
- Navigate to the System > Localization > Languages in the main menu.
- If your target language is not listed, click Add language, in the Add Language dialog that opens, select the target language from the list and click Add language. This will trigger the download of the translation files from the Crowdin project into the Oro application.
- If the status for your target language is Disabled, click the Enable icon at the end of the row. .. This will enable loading the translation updates automatically from the Crowdin project into the Oro application.
- If you see Update is available in the Updates column, click Update at the end of the row to update translations from the Crowdin project.
Contact Oro Translation Team¶
Please do not hesitate to contact us from Crowdin if:
- Your translation has been marked as approved for over one day but has not appeared in OroCRM
- Your translation is still not approved after more than seven days of review.
- You would like to help proofread a target language.
- You have any other questions and issues related to translations that are not covered in Oro documentation and the Crowdin tutorial.