- What information we collect, why we collect it, and how it is used;
- How we protect and store your information;
- How we share your Personal Information
- Transferring Personal Information
- The legal basis for using your Personal Information
- Your rights
- Direct marketing and how you can manage your preferences
- Opt-out Option
- Use by children
- How to contact us
2. What Personal Information We Collect, Why We Collect It and How We Collect It.
We receive and/or collect Personal Information from you when you:
- open an Account (as defined below) on our Site;
- post comments on our User Communication Platforms; The Community Forum
- request to receive updates and newsletters from us;
- Request access to Oro products demos
- Request access to download a white paper
- Commence direct communications with us either in relation to a query or complaint; and/or
- General use of our Site
- Opening an Account on our Site. We will request that you register an account on our Site (“Account") in order to post a comment onto the User Communication Platforms and to receive updates and/or newsletters (for marketing or other purposes), with regards to our future products and/or services. When opening an Account, providing us with the following Personal Information is mandatory: Your user name, first name, email address, company name and a password that you will use in connection with your Account. We do not intend to make any of your Account information publicly available on the Site other than if you comment on the User Communication Platform, then we will display a partially obscured version of your user name on the Site as part of the User Communication Platform.
- Posting comments on our User Communication Platforms. The community Forum. Information we collect includes first name, last name, email address, telephone, company name.
- Request to receive updates and newsletters from us. We collect Personal information when you send us a request to receive updates via our Site enquiry form. In order to receive update, we will request the following Personal Information from you: Your first name, last name, email address, telephone, company name. This information is mandatory so we could contact you and respond to your request and send information such as news letters and special offers
- Commencing direct communications with us either in relation to a query or complaint. We collect Personal Information when you commence direct communications with us by send us a “contact us", “demo request" and “access to white papers" request via a via our Site enquiry form. In order to send a “contact us" request, we will request the following Personal Information from you:. Your first name, last name, email address, telephone, company name. This information is mandatory so we could contact you and respond to your request and send information such as newsletters and special offers. When you commence direct communications with us, we will retain such communication(s) and the accompanying Personal Information you provide together with them for the amount of time necessary to adequately and professionally process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services to our Users.
3. General use of our Site. The Site makes use of log files. We use log files to collect the following information: internet protocol (IP) addresses, type of browser, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date/time stamp, referring/exit pages, clicked pages and any other information your browser may send to us. We use such information to analyze trends, administer the site, track user’s movement around the Site, and gather demographic information. Cookies.
- Some of our Site pages use “cookies" and other tracking technologies. A “cookie" is a small text file that may be used, for example, to collect information about Site activity. Our Site uses two types of cookies: session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies are created temporarily in your web browser directory while you are visiting a website and are deleted once you leave the website. Persistent cookies remain in your web browser and are activated again once you visit the website that created that specific cookie. A web beacon is a small file used by a website or an advertisement-related action to keep track of your navigation through a single website or a series of websites. A pixel is a small line of code which is used by a website or an advertisement-related action to assign online activities to a computer or browser.
- Please note that your browser enables you to disable all cookies (if you do not know how to do this, check out the “Help" file of your browser), however, this may interfere with your use of the Site or other internet websites.
- If you would like to opt-out of the non-personally identifying cookies that our Website may use, please email us at show email
- If you use a new computer, upgrade or change web browsers or take any action which results in the deletion of the "opt out" cookie, you will need to perform this opt-out process again upon any such change.
- For more information about cookies including how to set your internet browser to reject cookies please go to www.allaboutcookies.org.
4. How We Use and Share Personal Information.
- We will use the Personal Information you provide in connection with a request for updates that you submit on the Site and its related services to notify you about and send you updates and/or newsletters (for marketing or other purposes), regarding our offers, products and/or services.
- We will use some (or all) of your Personal Information to identify and authenticate your access to the parts of the Site and the related services that you are authorized to access, such as the User Communication Platforms.
- We will use your Personal Information that you provide in connection with a “contact us" “, “demo request" and “access to white papers" request that you submit on the Site to contact you in response to you inquiry or complaint.
- In addition, we will share some (or all) of your Personal Information in the manner and for the purposes described below:
- We may disclose your Personal Information or any information you submit, if we have a good faith belief that disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary, to: (i) comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, (ii) enforce our Terms including investigations of potential violations thereof, (iii) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud or security issues, and/or (iv) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of ORO, its users, yourself or the public.
5. Transferring Personal Information
- ORO will take appropriate steps to ensure that transfers of Personal Information are in accordance with applicable laws and carefully managed to protect your privacy rights and interests. To this end:
- where we transfer your Personal Information outside of ORO, for example to third parties who help provide our products and services, we will obtain contractual commitments from them to protect your Personal Information. Some of these assurances are well recognized certification schemes like the EU - US Privacy Shield for the protection of Personal Information transferred from within the EU to the United States; or
- where we receive requests for information from law enforcement or regulators, we carefully validate these requests before any Personal Information is disclosed.
- Subject to applicable laws, you have a right to contact us for more information about the safeguards we have put in place (including a copy of relevant contractual commitments) to ensure the adequate protection of your Personal Information when this is transferred as mentioned above. See "Your Rights" section below for more details.
6. The Legal Basis for Using Your Personal Information.
- We will only collect, use and share your Personal Information where we are satisfied that we have an appropriate legal basis to do this. Such legal basis’ include:
- our use of your Personal Information is necessary to perform a contract or take steps to enter into a contract with you (e.g., providing you with our services, creating your user account, communicating with you in relation to a query or complaint, as well as your general use of the Site);
- you have provided your consent to us using the Personal Information (e.g., where you provide us with marketing consents or opt-in to optional additional services or functionality); and
- our use of your Personal Information is necessary to comply with a relevant legal or regulatory obligation that we have (e.g., the disclosure of information to law enforcement or tax authorities).
- If you would like to find out more about the legal basis for which we process Personal Information please contact us; at: show email
7. Direct Marketing.
- We may use your Personal Information to let you know about our products and services that we believe will be of interest to you. We may contact you by email, or telephone or through other communication channels. In all cases, we will respect your preferences for how you would like us to manage marketing activity with you.
- To protect privacy rights and to ensure you have control over how we manage marketing with you, we will take steps to limit direct marketing to a reasonable and proportionate level and only send you communications which we believe may be of interest or relevance to you;
8. Opt-Out and Account Deletion.
- You may choose not to receive future emails from us by pressing an unsubscribe link added at the bottom of each email that you receive from us or by sending a single email with the subject “BLOCK" to show email. Please note that the email must come from the email account you wish to block.
- Please note that even if you opt out of receiving the foregoing emails, we may still send you a response to any “Contact Us" request as well as administrative emails (for example, in connection with a password reset request) that are necessary to facilitate your use of the Site or the Account.
- If you wish to delete or deactivate your Account information you can contact us at show email and include adequate details of your request. Your email must contain the following topic: “DEACTIVATION OF ACCOUNT"
9. Your Rights.
- Accuracy and Correction of Personal Information. To the extent that you do provide us with Personal Information, please ensure that it remains accurate. If your Personal Information changes, or you wish to remove or modify certain Personal Information that we are storing, you may either correct or update it by logging-in to your Account and making the change(s), or by contacting us at show email. Your email should include adequate details of your request and also contain the following email topic: “PERSONAL INFORMATION UPDATE REQUEST". We will provide initial responses to such requests within a reasonable period of time.
- Access. You have a right to access information held about you. Your right of access can normally be exercised free of charge, however we reserve the right to charge an appropriate administrative fee where permitted by applicable law.
- Restriction of Processing. You have a right to restrict the processing of your Personal Information, for example in case when we no longer need your Personal Information for the initial purposes for which they were collected.
- Complaint. You have a right to lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority if you have concerns about how we are processing your Personal Information. We ask that you please attempt to resolve any issues with us first, although you have a right to contact your supervisory authority at any time.
- Right to Withdraw Consent. You have the right to withdraw consent at any time with respect to the data collected with your consent (see above). However, withdrawing consent shall not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before the withdrawal.
- Exercising Your Rights.
- When processing your request, we may ask you for additional information to confirm your identity and for security purposes, before disclosing the Personal Information requested to you. We reserve the right to charge a fee where permitted by law, for instance if your request is manifestly unfounded or excessive.
- You can exercise your rights by contacting us. Subject to legal and other permissible considerations, we will make every reasonable effort to honor your request promptly or inform you if we require further information in order to fulfil your request.
- In the event that your request, for example, would impact the duty of confidentiality we owe to others, or if we are legally entitled to deal with your request in a different way than initial requested, we will address your request to the maximum extent possible, all in accordance with applicable law.
At all times, you may choose whether or not to provide Personal Information to ORO. The notices that we provide on the Site in circumstances where we collect Personal Information should help you make this choice. If you choose not to provide the Personal Information we request, you can still use the Site, but you may be unable to access certain options, offers, and services that involve our interaction with you.
11. Links to Other Sites
Our Site may contain links to other sites. Other sites may also reference or link to our Site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such other sites.
12. Children’s Privacy.
The Site is not intended for children under the age of 18 years old, and we do not intend to collect Personal Information from anyone we know to be under 18 years of age.How We Protect and Store Your Information.
- Security. The security of your Personal Information is important to us. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the Personal Information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it and We have implemented and will maintain appropriate technical, organizational and security measures, policies and procedures designed to reduce the risk of accidental destruction or loss, or the unauthorized disclosure or access to such information appropriate to the nature of the information concerned Note that although we take measures to secure the information we collect and reduce the risk of unwanted disclosure, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, We cannot guarantee absolute security and that the information will not be exposed as a result of unauthorized penetration to our servers. As the security of information depends in part on the security of the computer or device you use to communicate with us and the security you use to protect your user IDs and passwords, please make sure to take appropriate measures to protect this information. If you have any questions about security on the Site, you can contact us show email.
In the event that we are acquired by or merged with a third party entity, or in the event of bankruptcy or a comparable event, we reserve the right to transfer or assign Personal Information in connection with the foregoing event.
14.Your California Privacy Rights.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits customers of ORO who are California residents to request certain information regarding its disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to show email. Please note that we are only required to respond to one request per customer each year.
15. Contact Us
- If you have any questions, concerns or complaints regarding our compliance with this notice and the data protection laws, or if you wish to exercise your rights, we encourage you to first contact us at: show email
- We will investigate and attempt to resolve complaints and disputes and will make every reasonable effort to honor your wish to exercise your rights as quickly as possible and in any event, within the timescales provided by data protection laws.
- You have a right to lodge a complaint with your local data protection supervisory authority (i.e., your place of habitual residence, place or work or place of alleged infringement) at any time. We ask that you please attempt to resolve any issues with us before your local supervisory authority.