OroCommerce Forums

Covering OroCommerce topics, including community updates and company announcements.

Forums Forums OroCommerce message queue processing

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Andrey Yatsenko 5 years, 5 months ago.

Starting from March 1, 2020 the forum has been switched to the read-only mode. Please head to StackOverflow for support.

• Creator
    Topic

saqibbhat96
    Participant

Hello all,
    i have orocommerce 1.0 running, but changes to web catalog doesnot seem to show at frontend when it comes to adding new pages or overall reindexing of catalogs

I tried running this command, but no response nor output?

in addition i ran this command to check available extensions,

and it seems the queue management has not installed or configured yet ?

Please assist
    Thanks

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Michael
    Keymaster

You can add -vvv to the command to see the debug output:

saqibbhat96
    Participant

Thanks for the reply @Michael.
    Here is the output of this command.

saqibbhat96
    Participant

Hello,

Regarding the message queuing, i got this alert msg when running the command

please assist
    Thanks

msulima

Hi,
    the ‘orphan’ messages appear if a dbal transport is used when:
    1. A consumer processes a message
    2. The consumer is interrupted for some reason, but the message is still assigned to it.
    3. A consumer is restarted (actually it is a new consumer)
    4. The message is still assigned to the ‘old’ consumer.

Such messages are checked periodically by working consumers and are re-queued if found. It is a part of a normal consuming flow.

saqibbhat96
    Participant

thanks for the reply @msulima,

after this alert message, the process keeps on running with no output and never ends.
    My question is how would i know the message queuing has setup correctly?
    please help…..thanks

msulima

Try to run

in another terminal window and check if some output appears in the consumer console.

tparys
    Participant

Hi there!

It looks like there’s nothing wrong in the output you’ve copied – the message consumer is running and processing correctly. Please keep it running while changing the Web Catalog data – after clicking “Save” you should notice some new messages in the pipeline and changes should be reflected.

If the message queue would not be running correctly, you would not be able to run the message consumer at all. Instead, it would fail with an error message.

aveevacool
    Participant

Anyone help me how can i run : app/console oro:message-queue:consume –env prod this command in Windows Bitnami ORO-CRM?

Andrey Yatsenko

Hi Aveevacool,

What version of OroCommerce are you using?

Sorry, I don’t have experience with bitnami.
    usually the command should start with php

on 3.0 and above versions its php bin/console oro:message-queue:consume –env prod

for 2.6 and below versions the command is php app/console oro:message-queue:consume –env prod

Sometimes PHP is not available globally, in this case, you should provide the full path to php executable.

I hope this advice will be helpful.
    Best regards.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The forum ‘OroCommerce’ is closed to new topics and replies.